Humble Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Pie

Well, it finally happened, the 2000 hour plus Suby 2.2 stopped [:0]!!Turned out the cogged idler on the cam belt decided that it was time for new bearings. Just a pity I didnt take the hint when I smelt what I thought was something burning but due to the fact that the ground crew had lit numerous fires that morning keeping warm, I dismissed the smell although in hindsight, the smell had a plastic tinge to it. Anyway, the cog exitited the cam belt cover after cutting a very neat hole and departed the scene without hitting me or the prop !!Needles to say, Tim had me back in the air promptly.Does anyone know where you can source after market idlers and idle adjustere's ??BrianPooncarie NSW

Great motors those suburus. Lucky there was no nasty gnarling of metal bits or is that not a problem with the subie motors when the timing gets out of whack Brian?PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Great motors those suburus. Lucky there was no nasty gnarling of metal bits or is that not a problem with the subie motors when the timing gets out of whack Brian?PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Comment

Doesn't sound like it stopped to me, just took a little spell...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Doesn't sound like it stopped to me, just took a little spell...Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Comment

Brian, try EBay There are heaps of subie bits if you work out where to look.By the way Thanks for returning my Email,Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Brian, try EBay There are heaps of subie bits if you work out where to look.By the way Thanks for returning my Email,Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Comment

When did the cog get changed last Brian?Aussie Paul.[]www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

Comment

Comment

Brian, Repco has a idler, pulley , belt kit for about $400. I thought I mentioned this before when I replaced the crank seal. I reckon you should change all these with the belt. Also heard that the water pump does the same and causes the belt to pop. Ken

Comment

Brian, Repco has a idler, pulley , belt kit for about $400. I thought I mentioned this before when I replaced the crank seal. I reckon you should change all these with the belt. Also heard that the water pump does the same and causes the belt to pop. Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X