Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way Ken,Ive found a computer....

Comment

Brian, Its getting to that time of year. Their all lighting fires on the ground to keep warm. While we are all up there freezing... The only thing when you are smelling those strange smells and looking at the oil pressure gauge to keep your mind at ease is a 912.And don't try and tell me how expensive they are. Deano

Comment

Brian, Its getting to that time of year. Their all lighting fires on the ground to keep warm. While we are all up there freezing... The only thing when you are smelling those strange smells and looking at the oil pressure gauge to keep your mind at ease is a 912.And don't try and tell me how expensive they are. Deano

Comment

Comment

The rest of the motor is fine so its a non interference motor. Tims comment when pulling the motor over to test compressions that "it's better than a new one" !!We didnt have the time to wait for parts to arrive so we replaced bearings in what we could and put it back together with a new belt.Paul, nothing was done beforehand except to change belts ! The toothed cog we used to replace my missing one has done 3800 hours and the bearing in it felt okay ! [we did replace the bearings before fitting it ]Thanks Ken & Fred for the advice. In hindsight, I would probably recommend a belt,new idler's and water pump and crank seal every 1500 hours.I have a feeling that the impact that motor had in the vehicle prior to my buying it[the motor] most likely had a lot to do with the cogged idler pulley's bearings failing. The water pump had a slight ;eak in it right at the start [which Tim replaced] and one of the idlers had had its factory bearing replaced with a ordinary bearing which means someone had time on their hands to lathe out the centre and turn up a centre fot it to bolt up instead of paying out $ 100 for a factory idler !!Deano, freezing is right !!!! I'm still at ease mate despite the tempory stoppage and looking forward to doing another 2000 hours before I put this motor out for a spell !! Try that with a 912 .Nick, you are right, it was only stopped for 2 days !! I just didnt appreciate the drive to Broken Hill and back....10 hours, there and back !!!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

The rest of the motor is fine so its a non interference motor. Tims comment when pulling the motor over to test compressions that "it's better than a new one" !!We didnt have the time to wait for parts to arrive so we replaced bearings in what we could and put it back together with a new belt.Paul, nothing was done beforehand except to change belts ! The toothed cog we used to replace my missing one has done 3800 hours and the bearing in it felt okay ! [we did replace the bearings before fitting it ]Thanks Ken & Fred for the advice. In hindsight, I would probably recommend a belt,new idler's and water pump and crank seal every 1500 hours.I have a feeling that the impact that motor had in the vehicle prior to my buying it[the motor] most likely had a lot to do with the cogged idler pulley's bearings failing. The water pump had a slight ;eak in it right at the start [which Tim replaced] and one of the idlers had had its factory bearing replaced with a ordinary bearing which means someone had time on their hands to lathe out the centre and turn up a centre fot it to bolt up instead of paying out $ 100 for a factory idler !!Deano, freezing is right !!!! I'm still at ease mate despite the tempory stoppage and looking forward to doing another 2000 hours before I put this motor out for a spell !! Try that with a 912 .Nick, you are right, it was only stopped for 2 days !! I just didnt appreciate the drive to Broken Hill and back....10 hours, there and back !!!BrianPooncarie NSW

Comment

Comment

Well Brian,Good to see you have an appreciation of how hard the little donk works for you, imagine having to do all the hard yards on the ground that you've done instead of that lovely soft air.With all these hours up on the engine, how is the rest of the gear on your gyro.. no doubt you've checked the airframe, etc. over thoroughly of late?Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Well Brian,Good to see you have an appreciation of how hard the little donk works for you, imagine having to do all the hard yards on the ground that you've done instead of that lovely soft air.With all these hours up on the engine, how is the rest of the gear on your gyro.. no doubt you've checked the airframe, etc. over thoroughly of late?Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Comment

Its had a new airframe and new pod back a few hours ago Nick although it could be time for a new mast. A new prop is coming up very soon !!!

Comment

Its had a new airframe and new pod back a few hours ago Nick although it could be time for a new mast. A new prop is coming up very soon !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X