VDO Tacho wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDO Tacho wiring

My wiring will be finished in the two seater in next couple of days but a bit confused on the wiring to the VDO tacho. On the back there are slots for 8 pins all marked from 1 to 8, with only three connections actually being used which are marked 4,3 and 2. No indication which the sensor(earth from computer) and power connections should actually go to. Retailer can't help other than order in a loom that you need (according to them). They rang supplier who was also unhelpful. Any clues out there? Also the positions of the micro-switches for an EJ subie would be great.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Pete, what brand and model number?Tim McClureBroken Hill

Comment

Tim, VDO 3inch black face ...Up to 7000 revs.This is on the side of the instrument.Siemens VDO Trading AG Switzerland... WWG Nr. 333 015 03XVDO No. N 02 062 011Date. KW 10/05 PetePeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Tim, VDO 3inch black face ...Up to 7000 revs.This is on the side of the instrument.Siemens VDO Trading AG Switzerland... WWG Nr. 333 015 03XVDO No. N 02 062 011Date. KW 10/05 PetePeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Hmm,Sounds like the ones we have on the diesel sprinkler pumps, got a pic - I'm going down to a job and can post it, I don't know if it will work as the ones we use pick up the pulse from the alternator, worth a look anyway.Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Hmm,Sounds like the ones we have on the diesel sprinkler pumps, got a pic - I'm going down to a job and can post it, I don't know if it will work as the ones we use pick up the pulse from the alternator, worth a look anyway.Cheers,Nicholas TomlinAlarmist - www.alarmist.com.au - we scare for you

Comment

Buy a four stroke kart tacho. No wiring just a pulse wire from plug lead. Ken

Comment

Buy a four stroke kart tacho. No wiring just a pulse wire from plug lead. Ken

Comment

E-mail on the way PeterDewieTeesdale Vic.100 Hours F/W165 Hours Gyro

Comment

G'Day PeteCheck this link outhttp://www.egauges.com/pdf/vdo/0-515-012-044.pdfHope it helps !!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Pete, should be :-Connectors, 2 = 12V+ ,... 3 = Neg,.... 4 = signal wireSwitches, 1 on, 2 off, and 3 offTim McClureBroken Hill

Comment

Thanks Dewie, Sam and Tim. Your help is much appreciated. Hopefully later today I will have the gyro electricals finished and the motor up and running again by tonight. If so, after a successful hang test,it should be being tested flown next week.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

Thanks Dewie, Sam and Tim. Your help is much appreciated. Hopefully later today I will have the gyro electricals finished and the motor up and running again by tonight. If so, after a successful hang test,it should be being tested flown next week.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

The tacho works thanks guys...and the motor is running again after all the changes to the wiring. I am one happy man again to hear that motor purring. Getting closer and closer now and nearing the next phase of the project..the flying bit.PeteBairnsdale,Vic.

Comment

We need some pictures now mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sam.Melbourne Vic.

Comment

Working...
                              X