ASRA forum return welcomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRA forum return welcomed

Well done to all concerned with restoring this forum.Sadly, I understand there has been a recent pilot fatality that will in due course be noted in the forum"s accident files. Undoubtedly, there may well be other incidents that may appear in that section also.The CASA generated Flight Safety Australia magazine section on recently completed investigations followed by the section called Safety Briefs, whilst sobering reading is actually very educational for Pilots. It is refreshing to read candid explanations regarding the bigger picture of what ensued incorporating the probable line of causation coupled with concise explanation.Accordingly, I look forward to reading spirited discussions around building, maintaining, developing and flying Gyros in the same manner of concise, factual information that is both educational and riveting reading for novice and professional people alike. I also enjoy the flying tales and applaud the significant cross country adventures being undertaken by several of our members, that will surely boost welcome interest in our field of aviation.Congratulations to all newly elected and returning members of the ASRA executive for your continuing efforts in keeping our hard earned flying privileges tangible, affordable and responsible.Welcome back to all.Mike

I lurk here from time to time, post on occasions..............query to web guyThe "stat" figures you show, got me scratchin me headRight this minute it shows.........Most on line at same time........................................429Tod ay
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Been like that for more than 6 months, Russ. The "most on line ever" doesn"t say "online at the same time". It says on line on a particular date. The date being the 15th Novemebr last year. IIRC, that is fairly near to the date the forum started up again. If you consider that the restart of the site was probably announced on other forums around the world (I know of a couple), it wouldn"t be hard to figure that many having a "captain Cook". Right this minute, there are 7 guests and 2 users. If that happened 4 or five times a day, you"ve suddenly got 35 to 45 viewers easy. Given that most ASRA members (more than 400) that have a look at Geoffs site are also going to check here while they are at it, its not hard to see.Then again, I could be wrong. Have been a few times in the past.Cheers

Comment

To be honest, I"m not sure if they are accurate or not.If I knew where to zero them, I would, as we could then probably trust them from that point on.As stated, maybe a lot of people had a peek when I got it going again but I"d rather have figures that we can trust.webbie

Comment

Thanks "webbie"
          If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Webbie,Just in case your still wondering about this.The most online at the one time is taken over the period of time designated in the backend - default setting is "Users Active in the last 15 minutes" from memory. If you change this setting to 24 hrs for instance, it will count all over that period of time. I did notice the amount online when you first came online again and figured that the setting had been changed and thus the amount of users online increased considerably.On the other hand, it counts crawlers and search engines also and you"ll notice that there is usually a lot more guests online than members - this will be them. If you take a look at my site, I"ve allowed

Comment

Thanks Rotor, it makes a lot of sense.The high number would have definitely been the crawlers, etc when we first came back online as I hadn"t changed that setting from default.webbie

Comment

Working...
              X