TO OUR NEW WEB MASTER THANKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO OUR NEW WEB MASTER THANKS

Hi All, To our new webmaster, I would like to thak you for taking on the task of running the ASRA forum. : Now to the not so dumb question,

Hi Des,Thanks for the pat on the back.When the board approached me to do this, I asked if it was possible to remain anonymous for several reasons-1/ I"m not doing this for personal glory as I"m the sort of person who would rather just help out and stay under the radar. I have not charged ASRA a cent for anything I have done nor have access to any ASRA accounts or the board"s confidential files.2/ I am not a board, executive or committee member of any sort. I"m just a normal gyro owner/pilot that was asked by the board to assist.3/ I firmly believe that the forum admin must not show bias. There has been much debate as to whether there was bias shown in the past. I have no barrow to push. I don"t care what motor, rotors or prop you run. I don"t care if you visit other gyro sites and have no problem with them being mentioned.4/ There may be times that you disagree with my actions. Let me know about it but also respect that I can"t please everyone or implement everyone"s wishes. I can do without personal attacks. If you don"t like the way I"m doing this job, take it up with the board. Ultimately, they call the shots and I respect their direction absolutely. 5/ I have provided all relevant site and forum related passwords to the ASRA President as a demonstration that this is ASRA"s site and forum and not my own. They have the ability to lock me out at any time.6/ I think that this position can be done best from a position of anonymity. If you don"t agree, let me know. If enough people disagree with me then I will certainly say who I am.webmaster

Comment

Out of curiosity I would like to know who you are, but I can find no fault in your statements above.Out of respect for you and in appreciation for the good work that you have done and doing, I"m fine with the way things are now.Thanks.Graeme.

Comment

Ok Mr Webmaster I respect your wishs. So how about a nickname of your choosing so we can sort of refer to you as a person instead of just Mr Webmaster. We the members like things to be live and human like

Comment

Good-day Mr Webmaster.Congratulations on getting the site back up and running!!I"m sure we"ll be more than pleased with the results of your efforts on our behalf here!!Regardsrotor

Comment

Thanks Woz, I hadn"t noticed that. I"ll look into it.Might have to add 24 hours to the time offset as the server this lives on is in the US.Des, Waddles has taken to calling me webbie. It fits so I can live with that.In fact you can call me anything but late for lunch.My desire to be anonymous is more from a point of being neutral than anything else.Rotor, I"ll aim to be as impartial as possible unless people start any nasty slugging matches.I will not tolerate heavy sledging.If you"re a Rotax man for example, its OK to have a dig at Subie owners (and I"ve owned both), just keep it friendly.I think the best aim is to walk quietly but carry a big stick.I"m not planning to hit anyone over the head unless they are really asking for it.

Comment

Rotor, I"ll aim to be as impartial as possible unless people start any nasty slugging matches.I will not tolerate heavy sledging.If you"re a Rotax man for example, its OK to have a dig at Subie owners (and I"ve owned both), just keep it friendly.I think the best aim is to walk quietly but carry a big stick.I"m not planning to hit anyone over the head unless they are really asking for it.

Comment

Greetings, Webbie, and many thanks for the incredible amount of work that does go on behind the scenes of any forum.This escaped Pom says, "Well done!"All the best, Ben.

Comment

Rotor, that was just a general comment. From what I"ve seen, you"d be the last person that needed to be brought into line.

Comment

Yes I"m only joking,Take it from me, we are all very pleased that you have taken over as webmaster. I for one am confident you will do an excellent job.rotor

Comment

Have ticked the appropriate boxes to get "notifications".........but it ain"t happining ??? ???
                      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Russ,Will try myself and see what happens.....

Comment

Hey Webbie,Good to see it"s all back on line.Thanks!Mitch.

Comment

Russell,With regards to the "Notify" button not working, you also need to do the following in your profile-Click on "Profile" near the top of the screen, then "Notifications and Email" in the list on the left side.You will see the words "For topics and boards I"ve requested notification on, notify me of: " and a drop down list below it. By default it has the value "Nothing at all" set.You need to change it to any of the other options with "Replies and moderation" being the best option for most people.Hit the "Save settings" box on your way out.I have done this on your profile for you but anyone else that wants notifications will need to do this on their profile......enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                            X