Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

G'day Dan,

Is it possible to put on another layer of security to keep the spammers out?

Is the forum auto register or do new members have to be 'approved' by admin/moderators?
    I honestly cant remember when i joined.
    Getting admin approval does usually weed out most spammers............

Comment

I added extra security a couple of weeks ago that cut back a lot of spam, but the forum is set up so it doesn't require admin approval. That would be the next step if someone gives me the go-ahead.
      Past Members... Having Account Troubles? Please PM me with your old username or email and I will merge it with your new account or reset it required.

Comment

What would admin approval involve Dan? Can it be set up like on Facebook where people can ask to join and can only be accepted by current members?

Comment

Yep something like that. Someone would register, admin/moderator would receive an email, they would login then approve or reject.
          Past Members... Having Account Troubles? Please PM me with your old username or email and I will merge it with your new account or reset it required.

Comment

G'day Dan. This needs to be done asap to protect the few current members posting from picking up a virus from these fraudulent advertisers that are currently overrunning the forum.

Comment

This is all done now, new users are moderated by Graeme Monro and myself.

Comment

Working...
              X