Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marian to Uluru and back in 10 days (+/-4500km)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marian to Uluru and back in 10 days (+/-4500km)

Gents,We are planning an exciting gyro flight to Ayers rock, departing Marian (Mackay) on the 23/9 and return on Sunday 2/10.We might need a little help on route although, we will have ground support following us with a 4x4 and trailer.http://www.everydayhero.com.au/uluru_gyro_flightPlease open the attachment below, and comment on the proposed route, and we call on station owners and fellow gyro pilots to join us or meet us on route during the adventure.Regards,Colin and Ross

Duno where Carlo is, but i know that between ere n Cluny [ first station your side of the desert]

Comment

Colin and Ross, having done part of your trip about 6 times, i can tell you that when you leave Buolia, straight line to Indiana, is just south of Glenorniston Stn about 1 hrs worth, i really suggest you pull up there for a p*ss stop, even the road is bitumen right on top of the river, good spot if the dirt strip is wet, once you leave there, its a good 3.5-4 hrs with NOWHERE to land(unless you know the area),

Comment

Thank you very much for that information, I have googled the area and must admit, it does look very barren and lonely out there!I will relook at the route and follow your advice.Regards,Colin

Comment

Just a couple of suggestions. From longreach the ground crew needs to go to Boulia via Winton on the Kennedy highway. It is the only way as all back roads west of Longreach are stuffed.Woody and Shae at Carlo station are good friends of mine, they will help you out. Just let me know but I would suggest going to Glenormiston station instead. Carlo station driveway is about 80km off the Donohue Highway and is still badly damaged from the floods. Glemormiston is only just off the road. I can help you at Boulia if you need it too.

Comment

Tim,We will plan it as such. Thanks for the information, and we will definitely be in touch.Regards and safe landings!Colin

Comment

Working...
            X