Mackay to Uluru for charity - RFDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackay to Uluru for charity - RFDS

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/uluru_gyro_flight3 Gyro"s, a Cessna 150 and 2 support vehicles are all packed and ready to depart on the 23 September 2011 on a epic journey for charity.Darryn Watts, Ross Bannerman, Steve Walz and I are trying to raise as much money as we can for the Royal Flying Doctor Service to support the great work they do in delivering emergency and essential healthcare to Australians living, working or travelling in rural, regional and remote areas. Please click on this link to visit my very own fundraising page to find out all about it.Please dig deep to sponsor us. It only takes a few seconds. Two Magni M22"s, Dominator and a Cessna 150, supported by two ground vehicles (Jeff Pattel and Charlie Watts) will fly and drive along the Tropic of Capricorn through Qld and NT to Ayers rock/ Uluru departing at 7 am from the Tiger moth hangar in bridge road Mackay. Several mining houses in the Bowen basin, suppliers and members of the community and these mines have contributed a generous $60 000 to assist the Dr"s, Pilots, Nurses and supporting staff to help the communities in far to reach places during emergencies. We salute them in their efforts and are proud to be associated and a part of this fantastic cause.Spread the word and send to as many people as possible.Regards and thank you!Colin Mulligan Magni M22G25120409752852We are in the air, because we care!

Colin / Ross,Good luck guys with the fundraising, it should be a interesting flight.

Comment

I encourage you all to take a look at the RFDS web site ...........Colin has done an amazing job organising this event and has been using all his business contacts toget as many donations as possible. It was less than two weeks ago we first discussed the possibility of flying to Ularu...........Now the event is planned and up and running. Check out how much money has been raised .I can"t wait, already have those feelings of nervous excitement.Finally get to drop in and see Birdy (how long is your airstrip, it looks short on Googlemaps

Comment

I dont remember sendn out invitations?!?! ??? We dont have long strips ere Ross. ;D

Comment

Fellow Gyronauts,I am proud to share that we have raised $57000-00 in the first 2 weeks, for the Royal Flying Doctor Service!!http://www.everydayhero.com.au/uluru_gyro_flightThe RFDS is in great need for funds as the population expand to all corners of Australia and it is becoming a complex and expensive business.
          Attached Files

Comment

I talked to Ross Bannerman when he was just leaving Barcaldine this morning. Next stop is Longreach.He was sitting at 70 knots 300 feet and his voice was as clear as if he was in a car.Don"t know what phone interface Ross is using but it works.

Comment

I talked to Ross Bannerman when he was just leaving Barcaldine this morning. Next stop is Longreach.He was sitting at 70 knots 300 feet and his voice was as clear as if he was in a car.Don"t know what phone interface Ross is using but it works.I had a car like that once.Graeme

Comment

ASRA members,Mackay to Ayers Rock/Uluru along the tropic of Capricorn and back successfully!We did it in 7 days! We landed 25 times, and had an absolute ball!!! We have raised $86000! for the RFDS and seen a lot of Qld and NT.We would like to thank the pleasant people of the outback areas, Winton bar ladies, and everybody involved in the arrangements and making this trip a reality.We have all learned a lot, and it was good to have ground support, and more than 1 aircraft participating.Regards,Colin
                Attached Files

Comment

Well done guys. Great stuff.Aussie Paul.

Comment

That"s an incredible fundraising total! Awesome effort

Comment

Congratulations to you blokes.You raised a large amount of money for a worthwhile cause, had fun, put gyro"s more into the public arena and returned home safely.Graeme.

Comment

Well done team, I raise my glass to you all

Comment

Working...
                        X