Urgent Information about the Nationals at Burren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Information about the Nationals at Burren

There has been 40 mm of rain in the Burren Junction area and showers are developing again this morning. Echo"s strip is under water so the Nationals are looking very dicey at this time. There will be further information as it comes available !!

If you wanted to relocate to Quirindi it has a sealed strip and a gravel strip with toilets etc in a quiet farming area which is great for flying. Very quiet airport and no access problems. About 15 km from town. I can arrange fuel. Just a thought.

Comment

Quirindi would be ideal.

Comment

Got a phone call from Brian Dauncey, just arrived at Burren, Went straight down to the axles, had to be towed out.

Comment

We"ll go to Quirindi, just give us the word, so will Phil W.

Comment

The registrar will send out an email to all members tonight advising of the cancellation. Another front is moving in from the west with predictions of widespread rain and strong winds NSW down to VIC border.If you know anyone that may not see the email and are attending please give them the heads up. :"(

Comment

I"m at murrumbo tonight and hope to meet Gerry & Phil here at about 9am tomorrow.

Comment

Just got back from Burren Junction, and I"m claiming the Championship for now cos no one else was there

Comment

Just got back from Burren Junction, and I"m claiming the Championship for now cos no one else was there

Comment

hatrack, you sumed up all sides of the arguement like the true professional that you are. congratulations on your win.

Comment

Unfortunately, I was already on my way to Burren when the email went out late Thursday to advise the Nationals were cancelled due to the inclement weather. My mobile phone is not capable of doing emails.My mobile phone is capable of doing SMS/Texts.Fortunately for me, I did not know that the road into the airfield was presently impassable and the forecast was for more rain and strong winds over the weekend.The road in was hard on the crest and soft to the sides, this is afterall blacksoil country and there had been a bit of rain. The road surface was not slippery, so I just stayed in the wheel tracks of whoever had gone before me. My 2WD motorhome can"t pull the skin off custard, so I did not want to get bogged. Nobody at the strip so I drove the length of the strip to check its condition. Rock hard, barely left any tracks. I unhitched my trailer and preflighted my gyro. Too late to go for a fly, so had a cuppa, bit of a rest, then off to the RSL for dinner.Had a bit of rain Friday night and a couple of squally showers coming through on Saturday but not enough to affect flying.Sunday was glorious sunshine all day with about a 5 - 10 knot breeze almost straight down the strip.Monday was overcast with a stiff breeze most of the time, good enough to practice flying backwards or achieving fantastic ground speeds depending which direction you were headed and overall good gyro flying weather.Spent most of Tuesday resting in the thermal pool to relax from all the excitment of the weekend.Looking forward to next year at Burren, only hope someone else comes and stays to enjoy the GOOD FLYING WEATHER!!!!!And NOOOOOO! - hatrack does not get the Championship! hatrack, you at least need to take off and land at Burren to even be in the running for the Championship!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X