Nationals 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals 2012.

The Board has received a couple of enquires about possible locations for the 2012 ASRA Nationals.One is a proposal to hold them at Quirindi NSW. By all reports this would be an ideal location but it is a registered airport.This would require all operators to hold an aerodrome endorsement and carry VHF radio.So the question is,Would this preclude you from attending?Would those without an aerodrome endorsement attend a short school/briefing to attain this qualification a day or two before the event?Thanks,Murray.

How would it work? The flying school at tamworthwhere the raaf pilots are training do there touchand goes at quirindi all the time not much fun doing747 circuits on a 1.8k strip

Comment

Murray, i won"t be going to QUIRINDI but if the aerodrome endorsement course was like at CABOULTURE i would be interested,it could save me bypasssing around a big open sky here when nothing is down at my level anyway.

Comment

Flybum,I recon you could get them to give us a go at the airport and reschedule their training for a couple of days.

Comment

So no flour bombs or glide aproachesfor the 2012 nationals?Proper airport procedures are notdifficult, i already have the endorsmentsand there are airports nearby i can go toso why travel and go camping to do thesame thing?

Comment

there are airports nearby i can go toso why travel and go camping to do thesame thing?Arrh... good point.

Comment

Just to clarify things regarding Quirindi.The flying school does not operate on weekends or public holidays. I live 2 miles from the airport and it is rare to find anyone flying on a weekend unless the local Ag pilot has a job and he is very amicable.The airport is operated by the Liverpool plains shire and they have indicated their support so I don"t see much of an issue.Why not demonstrate that we are not a bunch of mad cowboys.Just a thought.

Comment

Just to clarify things regarding Quirindi.The flying school does not operate on weekends or public holidays. I live 2 miles from the airport and it is rare to find anyone flying on a weekend unless the local Ag pilot has a job and he is very amicable.The airport is operated by the Liverpool plains shire and they have indicated their support so I don"t see much of an issue.Why not demonstrate that we are not a bunch of mad cowboys.Just a thought.There are some that to some people fly like they are cowboys eg, flying low and turning their gyros inside out and some of those dont have any endorsements and havent any desire to get endorsed and a VHF radio so while Quirindi is obviously a very good spot, the requirments wil keep some away.

Comment

Would this preclude you from attending?Yes. [ if preclude means sumthn like prevent] Would those without an aerodrome endorsement attend a short school/briefing to attain this qualification a day or two before the event?No.Why not demonstrate that we are not a bunch of mad cowboys.Got a problem with mad cowboys?

Comment

Would this preclude you from attending?Yes. [ if preclude means sumthn like prevent] Would those without an aerodrome endorsement attend a short school/briefing to attain this qualification a day or two before the event?No.Why not demonstrate that we are not a bunch of mad cowboys.Got a problem with mad cowboys? :

Comment

Hi Murray,Are we having any Nats this Easter?If the rain ever stops.Scott

Comment

Hi Scott, you should get your Gyro News soon, they were in the post last Thursday. In it you will find the details of the ASRA nationals.We decided to try Burren Junction again,surely third time lucky! Burren is fairly central to all on the east coast and gyro friendly. This will be on the Queens birthday long weekend 9/10/11 June.We will have a large contingent going to RA AUS Natfly at Easter.

Comment

Temora will be on at easter I think.

Comment

Id love to fly to anatha ASRA show, but apparently im not allowed to.

Comment

"Id love to fly to anatha ASRA show, but apparently im not allowed to."Birdy,you can only go if you mount your movie camera. We want film of desert landings, mudscooping and skinny strip take offs. You do not do things like mere mortalsGraham

Comment

Working...
                              X