Mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mates

Mates are sumthn i dont have alot of, coz im very choosey who ill call a mate.Recon i can count um on one hand, not includn the thumb.But im proud to say Bones [ Mark Bredden] is one of um.Of all places for a SCG to meet sumone, it was this internet thingy.Recognised first up the way he talked [ typed] and thought " this bloke seems a strate shooter", with no fancy crap.Met in the real world at the 05 Oz gyro show and wasnt dissapointed. Good bloke witha good sence o humour and drank the same breed o rum.Not sure how it happened but that same year, only a coupla weeks after the show, he turned up ere with a handy gyro for a round of mustern and was pleasantly supprised to find he was good with the gyro and not shy bout getn in the yard with my " friendly" moos.Then, as it turned out, he kept comen back every year since for more punishment. I call it punishment coz for the average jo, its more like torture coz of the long hours, personal danger, and of corse, me.Turns out i found meself relien heavily on his grow"n local knowlage, reliability and abilitys. The years since he"s been comen over have been the easiest for me coz i know i can count on him, basicaly, to give a **** bout everythn that happens.Like, if we are to get a day lite start in the machines tmorrow, i know that by the time i get my slow ass to the hanger he"s got BOTH machines on the pad, fulla fuel, ready to go.Little things like that, and there are many, mean alot coz it shows he gives a ****.Then this year happened. I knew, and so did Bones, that it was go"n to be a long one after all the rain we had, but to his credit and my reliefe, he styayed till the job was finished.Then the fires started.My plans all went to ****, i shoulda lifted out over 1000 moos by now and had sum cash in me pocket but mum nature had other plans.Wen mum gets pi22ed, you have to be flexable with your plan"n.And my ever reliable mate Bones, as if this was his own home, stayed back alot longer than he needed, just to help me out n wouldnt leave till he was sure i had it under sum sorta control.He didnt think " this aint my problem, im outa here" but stayed on till i basicaly had to tell him to go home. [ And i gota thank Peg too, coz she"s just as consiensious]Thanx Bones, your the best brother a bloke never had.Your always welcome ere, with anyone you like, for as long as you like.And i understand if you dont come back next year, [ how many years you been sayn that?] coz like me, your getn "too old for this ****".

Good onya birdy, good onya bones.you can see why you guys have great bond, to true aussie mates. kingo

Comment

Damn you went and put it on here too :-[ Kinda makes ya feel wanted sometimes

Comment

Its rare to find someone you can really count on to go above and beyond the call of duty

Comment

I just thought too, we never did work out a "mates" rate on that 914 sitting on the floor of your shed, you know the one we kick our toes on everytime you looking for something

Comment

Working...
          X