Margaret River fires... Geeez!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margaret River fires... Geeez!!!

Not wantn to sound crass, but, them houses built in the middle of scrub were go"n to go up anyway, escapee burnoff or not. :Build ya house ina wood heap..... .People who want to mingle with nature need to expect her worst side too.BTW, i heard the burn off that got away was lit in september, and never went proper out.Believe me, it happens. Iv seen tree roots lite it up agin 3 weeks after its all dead n cold.

Comment

The original burn fizzled out. Incendaries were dropped by air 2 days prior to the disaster - inspite of hot weather and strong winds forecast.Yes, I agree about building in bush - maybe it will be a lesson well learnt; but I doubt it.

Comment

Yes, I agree about building in bush - maybe it will be a lesson well learnt; but I doubt it.I dout it too.Theres no grounds for sayn " i didnt think it wasa hazard", coz theres been the same thing happen"n since time started, specialy in the last coupla years, all round Oz.The modern Ozzy is veeery sloooow to catch on.

Comment

Oh, and bout the "firys timen, it was probably the same thing that happened ere.Tryed for bout 8 munths to get sum fuel redution happen"n ere but it wouldnt burn.It was only bout 2 weeks between not burn"n and burn"n like hell.Dont leave you much time to prepare for a 300 km wide fire bomb comen outa the desert.But, this is rocket science to most people.

Comment

Just came back from Gabyon Station 180 km east of Geraldton and sparky clouds started fires there and on 4 other stations in the area.

Comment

Pretty right there Des, most places do their burns during the autumn, its been proven time and time again that autumn burns do the most good and spring burns the least good plus they are extremely dangerous cause as Birdy says, one day nothing will burn, then the next day you have an inferno.The department of unsubstainabilty, burnabilty , unaccountabilty, tight shorts and flash equipment would know a lot more if they pulled their heads out from where the sun doesnt shine and actually asked the locals for advice instead of "knowing it all "Sad thing is that they dont learn and no one takes any responsibilty whereas if we stuff up, we have the full force of the law on our backs ! > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Comment

Working...
              X