Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any more CH-7B Brumbies flying in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more CH-7B Brumbies flying in Australia?

Anyone know if there are any more CH-7B Brumbies flying in Australia? How about the first little red one that got flying late last year, saw a video posted somewhere of it"s maiden flight at Caboolture. I heared it had gone so someone west. Is it still flying?

Id say that would of been Cam Taylors (Roma SW qld). That burnt to the ground earlier last year.

Comment

Burned? What happened to it?

Comment

Ahhh fire

Comment

Clever one Bones !!It"s like Robert Mugabe that died and went to heaven. Approaching the pearly gates, he knew they were not going to let him in. On arrival, the angel stopped him with a "who are you?" He replied, Leonardo de Caprio! The angel replied, "stand by", and made a phonecall down to earth, asking: "Tell me, the Titanic, did it sink, or did it burn....."

Comment

Not exactly sure but i yhink the tail rotor shaft snapped about 40 ft in the

Comment

How the hell do you snap one of them??Which shaft?

Comment

Not exactly sure but i yhink the tail rotor shaft snapped about 40 ft in the

Comment

I dont think he has been, i think they just put it all down as pilot error. Also it was a lemmon from the start he told me. and he was very disapointed in it also.

Comment

How the hell do you snap one of them??Which shaft?Happy New Year, Liz and David!I have watched with interest the Cicare CH -7B being assembled and perused the photos, a number of times at http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/...tos/?start=all Whilst the whole assembly and parts appear to be first class, I can see one or two weak spots at the tail-rotor shaft, where the shaft could have snapped, as you can see in http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...Btailboom8.jpg

Comment

Appy new year to you too Joe, From wot i figure there are sum pretty beefy inserts where the holes are drilled. Even so, if there wasnt any insert, itd still take a serious bing to shear the shaft there.Also, if the flex plate failed, theres the redundantcy built in the drive setup for that very reason. It mite shake n rattle a bit, but youd still hava tail shaft.Bit of unbias info bout the bingle would go along way tho ay.

Comment

Appy new year to you too Joe, From wot i figure there are sum pretty beefy inserts where the holes are drilled. Even so, if there wasnt any insert, itd still take a serious bing to shear the shaft there.Also, if the flex plate failed, theres the redundantcy built in the drive setup for that very reason. It mite shake n rattle a bit, but youd still hava tail shaft.Bit of unbias info bout the bingle would go along way tho ay. Birdy,I agree that there are beefy inserts, as well as a lot of redundancy built into the whole setup. The prototype Cicare CH-6 was developed in 1987. That is some 25 years ago. The gearboxes and drivetrains are proven technology. It is only after some fairly reliable powerplants came on the market (Rotax 912 ULS 100 HP gives more power, and is more reliable compared to the Rotax 582), that this machine came into its own.Looking at the components, there is some deluxe manufacturing in all components, with the manufacturer even taking into account the vibration at the lock wiring of the bolts, by putting plastic tubing on the wire to avoid the possibility of abrasion!If you look at the coupling of the tail rotor shaft as it is depicted in the builders notes http://www.brumbyhelicopters.com.au/...ansmission.pdf

Comment

If you look at the coupling of the tail rotor shaft as it is depicted in the builders notes http://www.brumbyhelicopters.com.au/...ansmission.pdf

Comment

We gota crak a bottle one day Joe.

Comment

We gota crak a bottle one day Joe. Ha Ha dont worry Joe, you will get most of it, ol Cadbary(glass and a half) wont drink much on ya

Comment

Working...
                              X