Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch Plates.......are they meant to look like this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Plates.......are they meant to look like this ?

Eventually got to pull the engine out of my "new" grader the other day to put in new clutch plates. The condition of the old clutch plates were far worse than I expected & the mechanic couldnt believe it was still driveable.Even more surprising was when we got it all back together was why I now cant get reverse or 1st gear when we never touched the gearbox

Brian,It"s possibly nothing to do with the gearbox, but the clutch is not adjusted properly and is not disengaging. 1st and reverse are the hardest to select when stationary. Ray.

Comment

Yeh, sumtimes you gota gove it a good "kick" to get it to mesh.

Comment

;D Aye Brian, I thought i liked to get the maxium milage out of machinary but you leave me milse behind with that clutch. Cheers Des Garvin

Comment

Brian,It"s possibly nothing to do with the gearbox, but the clutch is not adjusted properly and is not disengaging. 1st and reverse are the hardest to select when stationary. Ray.The clutch seems to be working just fine, I can select what I call 2nd & 3rd really well, which are the two gears closest your leg. It has two reverses, one right [away] over & up. Even the clutch brake is working........YAY !!!!!!! He did a second adjustment after we had the grader going for 10 minutes or so and it was then I was going to take it for a run with & give it 30 minutes work & then check the adjustment again but found we had

Comment

;D Aye Brian, I thought i liked to get the maxium milage out of machinary but you leave me milse behind with that clutch. Cheers Des GarvinIt wasnt a planned thing Des

Comment

Brian, can you select the "lost" gears when the engine is not running? Would you normally expect to be able to do that when it is not running?Linkages dislodged or bent during the clutch rebuild?Chook.

Comment

Brian, can you select the "lost" gears when the engine is not running? Would you normally expect to be able to do that when it is not running?Linkages dislodged or bent during the clutch rebuild?Chook.Hi Chook, no, you cant select the lost gears when not running......and yes & no, sometimes you can, sometimes not. I"m not sure why but probably something to do with shafts & gears meshing. My mechanic is back on the job tomorrorow and has talked to one of the areas most expereinced cat man who has lived & breathed cats since he left school at 10 years old to go cat driving sinking dams

Comment

brian, are those palletts rated to the weight capacity of the engine, is the fork extensions rated for that load at the correct distance out ,are they even certified. do you have an exculsion zone and did you have a tool box meeting to do an assement cause i can see a mechanic but i can"t see his his tool box ??????

Comment

Mr Denton - don"t get me started - too late....The attachment is an actual form required by a company here in the West.And management is wondering where the productivity is going? Legal horseshit.Chook.

Comment

brian, are those palletts rated to the weight capacity of the engine, is the fork extensions rated for that load at the correct distance out ,are they even certified. do you have an exculsion zone and did you have a tool box meeting to do an assement cause i can see a mechanic but i can"t see his his tool box ??????

Comment

1st photo. I think something is supposed to be there!2nd

Comment

ok brian,i"m moving out to where you live. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Tony u would,nt no a clutch plate from ya ass

Comment

Tony u would,nt no a clutch plate from ya assAnd you need to refund all the money your parents spent on English classes and apologise for wasting their time.Graeme.

Comment

Working...
                              X