Help please to get rid of white powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please to get rid of white powder

Acquired a machine thats spent a bit of time quarrying and despite a couple of washes with truck wash & a fire fighting pump, the machine when it dries still has a coating of white powder everywhere which I believe is lime.Now, I have been told that hydrachloric acid is the go [ diluted of course] with water, sprayed on & then washed off. Now, I know we have many very wise people on the forum & need help to get rid of the white powder[ lime] so I would appreciate any help. There may well be a more friendly product that can be used which is often the way now days.

Mag wheel cleaner used to be

Comment

Try some vinegar. Its a pretty mild acid and unlikely to harm, and you should have some to try a small area.Graham

Comment

Brian, If its lime and its fair size job, then the easy way may be to get a product like what the concrete truck guys use.

Comment

brian, i"m using "TOILET DUCK" more at work. it cleans a multitude of stuff [ no **** jokes, i"m trying to being serious] and if the council complain about stuff going down the gutter then it"s gotta be freindly for whales to start with.seriously.

Comment

Thanks very much for the opinions/ ideas. The offending item is a loader and the powder is everywhere including in the cabin. The floor mat instead of being black is pale white and of course everything else has a tinge of white as well.Thankfully I discovered that a side plate concealed the air conditioner condenser / filters etc and needless to say, this area was just choked with the stuff so I have blown most of that out with the compressor and now when you turn on the aircon, its not like a snowstorm anymore and the interior is now looking much cleaner & I"m even breathing better.Whatever product I use has to be able to go on painted surfaces as well as plastic upholstery.

Comment

Brian try an aluminium cleaner with Hydroflouric acid. They are hard to find but out there. That is the only thing that I have found that will remove the red stain from Pindan in the Northwest. Much tougher than lime. Read the instructions carefully as

Comment

Brian try an aluminium cleaner with Hydroflouric acid. They are hard to find but out there. That is the only thing that I have found that will remove the red stain from Pindan in the Northwest. Much tougher than lime. Read the instructions carefully as

Comment

"Brian try an aluminium cleaner with Hydroflouric acid."Just be aware that this stuff etches glass. I use it on porcelain to etch the surface prior to bonding. I would not leave it on too long.Graham

Comment

"Brian try an aluminium cleaner with Hydroflouric acid."Just be aware that this stuff etches glass. I use it on porcelain to etch the surface prior to bonding. I would not leave it on too long.GrahamThanks Graham, I have picked up a sample bottle of liquid that I"m not sure what its called but sourced through our local chemical cleaning shop. They checked with a couple of agents and said that this particular stuff is used by a number of operators with similar problems so I will do a small area first before spraying it everywhere and yes, this stuff you give 5 minutes then wash off with pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X