Bureau of Met - invitation to provide feedback on new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bureau of Met - invitation to provide feedback on new system

Copied this over from another forum for you blokes to try out."Hi All, The Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) is developing a new forecasting and observations access system. It"s called MetEye. It allows you to access forecasts and observations via a graphical interface.I work for the BoM and have been asked to get feedback on the system from interested parties before it is publically released at the end of June . So it made sense to me that the PPC community could provide some very good feedback.The webpage isn"t publically accessible yet (one of the good things about being part of this forum) so you will have to log in, here"s the URL and log in details.http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/Username = meteyePassword = experimentalSend feedback to customerservice@bom.gov.au, or via the feedback icon on MetEye. Don"t send the feedback directly to me on this forum - it won"t be going to the people that can make a difference.Helpful comments and criticism are welcomed - and it is OK to mention the way other organisation present the information e.g. Elders, Willyweather, WeatherZone - but don"t go on a rant, it isn"t helpful and will make me look like a goose at work! Personally I think it could do with more detail on wind forecasts for a particular location ala Willyweather. It is also OK to forward the details of the trial to other parties that you think could offer useful feedback - aero and gliding clubs, yatching clubs etc.Hope you enjoy it - now"s the chance to get in for your chop and make it useful to our needs.Cheers Ando"
Working...
X