im confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im confused

We are told every day bout how badly humans are heatn up the planet, how we should be feedn our cows sumthn other than natural grass, coz it makes um fart too much, shouldnt use fossl fuels coz its bad, bla bla bla.... by the disconected tree huggers. IOW, dont do things proper.Then you get these rose glassed softcocs sayn we shouldnt be any higher n a coupla feet off the ground without a harness, should always have a visi vest, hard hat n steel cap boots [no matter the 45c in the shade, ona cool summer day] if we go outside our cocoon, bla bla bla......... .Oh, one of the things the tree huggers say is we should save fuel where ever possable [ no **** sherloc]. One way is to "car pool". If youv got 4 seats in ya ute, it should have 4 bodys init before you start the next ute. [ rocket science apparently]Oh yeh, one of the things the OH&S [biggest bunch o w@nkers iv ever head of] brain surgons say is " if your headn out into the wild [ past the outskirts o sydeny] you should NEVER go alone. Dont say much for the reliability of the modern motorcar, or the brain power of the modern driver, but apparently its dangerous out there!!! ]Good thing i never go there, i mite die]Well, the 2 mods of nanny police ruels clashed the other day. 3 motorcars [ 1 cruiser wagon-5 seats, 1cruiser ute-3 seats and 1 hilux ute- 5 seats] , driven by 3 very brave strayins [ mineing exploration crew] ventured out ere. [ nuthn in the back of either ute BTW]13 seats3 motorcars3 people.All go"n to the same place, at the same time. [ 800+km round trip, each]WTFWot appened to this big bad carbon foot print we are sposed to be so scared of??I gota figure a way of getn these 2 mobs of brain surgons together, and ask um for an explination, coz im buggered if i can work it out.

We know where you"re coming from Birdy! Us old buggers hate waste

Comment

struth birdy when your fired up I have trouble with your spelling, just one thing what is "IOW" again ?

Comment

IOW= in other words.Its go"n to be interestn wen the drillers start up.Theyll have all the crap on and ill be appropreatly dressed for 45c. ;DAnd i bet the boss geo tries to keep me away from the rig with me thongs n proper hat on, like the last dichead tryed a few years ago. :

Comment

Hope ya guna twist their arms for a water bore or three

Comment

So wot are they drilling for Birdy is it gas, you might get a lease kick back or a kick in the pants don"t know wot the agreements are on private freehold.It would be interesting to know. only thing is with gas drilling is the holes go down a long way. The gas wells can be bloody noisy too how far from your house are they.They might re do your roads or something too if they really want to occupy leases.

Comment

So wot are they drilling for Birdy is it gas, you might get a lease kick back or a kick in the pants don"t know wot the agreements are on private freehold.It would be interesting to know. only thing is with gas drilling is the holes go down a long way. The gas wells can be bloody noisy too how far from your house are they.They might re do your roads or something too if they really want to occupy leases. Ohhhh i cant wait for the reply to this,,,

Comment

Wot can I say...........?

Comment

Yeah I understand your point about OH&S gone made especially In tower rigging but bottom line is we on site implement procedures so we don"t become street pizza. I also see a lot of wastage of resources but I have learned to not try to get too involved as it will do your head in. I call it micro managing as the company managers don"t have a clue generally. I was just curios what they were essaying for. There is a lot of lock the gate South west QLD and northern NSW. The GAS companies will exercise their rights eventually as the Government is backing the gas resource. That"s the unfortunate truth and they are worth billions. liaison officers generally sweeten the deal by offering things like lease, water, roads etc to keep farmers happy. Gas comes out of good wells at 900 psi (noisy) I"ve heard up to $3000/min. If you ever catch a glimpse of the big plan vast regions will have gas wells. I stay away from it on ethical grounds as pocking holes at vast depths all over mother earth i believe will cause future problems.Underground water ways are millions of years old and travel enormous distances

Comment

It"s a it different ere.I"v found a way of frustratn the crap outa exploration companies.I"v found a hitch they have no answer to, and all the money in the world won"t make a difference.

Comment

What gets up my nose about gas is that we have vast reserves of gas....we sold it to China for 3 cents per L I think yet us mugs pay $130 for a 45 kg bottle of the stuff & the motorist is paying a bit over $1 per L

Comment

Paper laws are the same ere Brian, we are only lease holders.They,v. Been ere on n off for 9 years, and still haven"t found anything .I told them from the start, there"s Nuthn ere . Did they listeThey are just annoyn, so annoyn they have no flies on them. ( they annoy the flies)

Comment

The problem with Australia as it was explained to me is that the Queen owns everything. She (or her servants) can access or revoke your land at any time. The first time this hit me was when a farmer in Puckapunyal (where all of the Vietnam war conscripts did their basic training) had his land revoked to put the army camp on it. Oh sure he was compensated - at the price the government DEEMED fair.I believe that there are 17 different instrumentalities that can access my property unannounced. I recently explained to a local shire sheila who had entered my property from a neighbors property along a strategic firebreak that I quite often let rip with bullets chasing rabbits and foxes in that area. When asked how she would explain a bullet hole in the vehicle she said that I would probably be prosecuted.Simply put - YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS.Regards.....Chook.

Comment

Yeah miners right. Don"t waste your money trying to fight it as they (CSG) are backed by government. I asked a question to a Origin energy OH&S trainer, who had a life career offshore drill rig operations, about radioactive Gas that is found in coal seams occasionally and he was aware of it but didn"t have a clear answer on it. There is hundreds of gas wells out there that feed the main compressor plants then feed into shared lease lines back to Gladstone. What"s the possibility of one out hundreds of wells feeding radioactive gas to the compressor plant. Keeping in mind that they flair off high pressure feeds constantly at night you can see a flame almost 100 ft high what a waste and is it contaminated. I"ve seen this with my own eyes cause I was out there once doing RF surveys for communications. One night i was struck down with a awful fever and down for two days until i forced myself to get back on my feet. I also learned another fellow was down for three days at camp he lost 10Kg and was sent to hospital i still wonder what it was. I know the medic on site was concerned and did checks on me also wanted to send me into hospital for further tests. I just went back to work and got over it, I still wonder what it was, was it something from underground released into the air, as some of that stuff is millions of years old, air settles at night too and it was quite cold out there at night, Toxic gas, viruses...don"t know and probably will never know if the GAS company are involved.

Comment

Working...
                            X