No announcement yet.

Grader update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read a while back a good starting procedure, similar to yours chopper.... namely, find out which of your ignitions runs the motor the slowest (usually one runs the motor best) and remember which switch is the one that gives the most rpm drop..... as you say Chop, crank with no switch on, then switch on the one that runs the motor slowest, once it fires, turn on the other (best) one..... I guess if they both are the same, just turn on one until it catches....

Comment

Thing I have learnt from having extra power is that the torque in these bigger engines allows the grader to continue to pull, even if its only ticking over which most times doesnt dig in but hey, whatever works is good ! Yep, those parts & bits & pieces can weigh a proverbial ton, that"s where "Bob" [ bobcat ] comes into play .Yeah Muz, seems without the mag switches on, the 912 really spins quickly & then throwing one switch seems to make it fire so much easier & as soon as it fires then throw the other switch. Going to keep on with that technique & see if & when I get a kickback.

Comment

Yeah, at Wondai last easter, someone was having lots of kickback trying to start a 9 series... would run backwards

Comment

& not good for the very expensive sprag clutch either

Comment

Not sure, it was one of the modern cabin class.... a new machine from memoryThere was a heap of people trying to help, looked like a scrum around the machine, otherwise I would have suggested the switches off trick..... I think it got going eventually

Comment

A new machine isn"t any guarantee the engine is tuned correctly...not even a rotax

Comment

...even if you dont know jack ... I"ve met Jack
                Remember: no matter where you go, there you are

Comment

Jack Schitt?

Comment

Working...
                  X