Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grader update

To save having a press conference

ok I was going to ask on your rotax post. what"s WOT again.

Comment

ok I was going to ask on your rotax post. what"s WOT again.I know, I couldnt work it out first off either

Comment

I bought a Fordson Major tractor at a clearing sale back some time ago at a neighbors clearing sale due to the fact that I knew the engine had been done up and it had a very good welder mounted on the front driven by the pulley & at $1800 it wasnt much money to outlay. Anyway, the fuel pump quit working & a bloke re built it but then the water pump give trouble & I just lost interest in the thing & parked it. Discovered the other day a place when you can buy nearly anything for a Fordson which is amazing given they were built around 1950 so I pulled the old girl out and put a new water pump/ radiator/ radiator hoses & thermostat etc. I knew the alternator had broken mounts but hadnt tackled that part until the other day &

Comment

They are great bits of machinery. I used to drive one around when the fruit harvest was in full swing as a

Comment

They are great bits of machinery. I used to drive one around when the fruit harvest was in full swing as a

Comment

So the welder sounds like a Lincon tractorpac 225 or 250 BT which are great pieces of gear. ;D Use one when I have to do any welding on the drilling rig when need . Only welds that stand up to the vibrations produced by the down hole hammers. Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

So the welder sounds like a Lincon tractorpac 225 or 250 BT which are great pieces of gear. ;D Use one when I have to do any welding on the drilling rig when need . Only welds that stand up to the vibrations produced by the down hole hammers. Cheers Des Garvin.

Comment

Just warm up the old rods a bit in the oven at low temp for a while and they go even better.

Comment

Havent had much time to

Comment

After the 3" in one hour down por we had in janyry, i had sum road repairs to do and after waitn a week for it to dry out abit, i fired up the ol 17K and headed out.Only a mile down the road the final drive chucked a coupla bearings. ;DSeems all that slogn through the scrub chasen fires didnt agree with ol trusty.Had to take the tandums off, gut the FD and there was bits of bearnig all over the place.Ordered new bearings, cleaned the box witha magnet n plenty of jetA1.All ready to put back together wen i took the trans oil filter off.f******!!!!. It weighed more n the gearbox.Pulled the tranny pump out and theres a pile of glaze flakes under the screen. Snot lookn good.Ill hava new final drive, but sumthn in the tranny aint happy.Seems i need anatha grader. Last year a mate ofa mate said he was tryn to flog off a G130.Wasnt keen on all of them hyd hoses, just waitn for an angree tree to tear um out, but the chances of findn a wrist banger in half reasonable order is very slim, so i bit the bulit n told ol mate to ship it up asap.Well, it turned up ere 3 days ago, and i only just got off it. I feel like i grew anatha d1c. Cant stop playn with it.Only thing that p1sses me off is all these years we tax payers have been payn top dollar to lazy slobs driven these amazenly easy machines, and they just flat grade at 35mph, not even clean,n a drain.Will be keepn the old girl for the man stuff and just grade roads with this softcoc machine.

Comment

Will be keepn the old girl for the man stuff and just grade roads with this softcoc machine. Yeah yeah I pretty sure I heard that about one of your other toys too, huh

Comment

Sorry to hear the final drive went Birdy, would have been fun taking the tandems off although, with time & plenty of patience

Comment

Anyways, done a few more things to the grader, put new gears, clutches in the blade lift [ both] & in the circle turn thing plus re furbished the steering ram, new pin where the front suspension pivots on[ nearly worn through] Flushed the hydraulic lines & all is good. Oh yeah, new carpet in the cab. She"s a joy to operate

Comment

Getn the tandums off n the gears out is the easy bit Brian, just undo bolts and gravity dose the rest.Getn it back together is the fun part.And yeh, everyone tells me that the 4 cyl isa missmatch, but only if your one of them " drive it like you stole it " typs.I recon its got plenty of soot.Once you start spinn the drives, more power only digs deeper holes.And bout the 912 startn, iv got one of them key starter thingys with the mag switches init.Theres a bridge you can use that kills one mag while its crankn, and iv gota ptt button on the other mag i hold in for the first few turns.Same as leaven the toggles on.No need on hot starts, but takes the kick out wen its cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X