Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slider head photos

Third attempt hereImage Insert: 79.96

The only thing different to a normal head, is the forward and aft movement, can see no reason why existing heads could not be easily modifiedRuss....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

Is it safe to assume that the main block is attached to the pin (grub screw or press fit etc)Flying - The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Douglas Adams-The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Comment

Pinned up through the block, also has those two sprung plate bizos each endRuss....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

Chuck Beaty says that rubber won't work like those spring leaves, so I had to try it, it doesn't.John EvansThink logically and do things well, think laterally and do things better.

Comment

I agree Russ looks very simple to convert a head to one of those, What is the advantage of one over the standard head??Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"Mark

Comment

Mark.......I realy dont know the answers here. Do know that it helps or eliminates stick shake, something to do with the "lead, lag" moment as your blades are rotating. Paul B knows about it all. maybe others here too ??????Russ....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

Here's a link to a series of posts on stck shake/rotor vibrations by Chuck Beaty where he discusses the function of the slider head:http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/sho...ider#post63254

Comment

Mate......is that link good reading or wotRuss....A1014 NT....gods country

Comment

You can always count on Chuck B. to get you thinking

Comment

Working...
                    X