New revenue trick in Qld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New revenue trick in Qld

Seems someone snuck a new bit of legislation thru so they can raise a bit more revenue? :If you tow a lot, start using these or you may get a nasty surprise :

Been a lot of discussion on the Grey Nomads forum. I hope this link will work.http://thegreynomads.activeboard.com...gulated/Aussie Paul.

Comment

its crap, the chains have to be up to Australia standard "abctrs" and a few other letters, but there is no standard for d shackles.not that it would matter as the rated d shakles are only rated for lifting not pulling and there is a HUGE difference.

Comment

If that notice is true, then the cops have some explaining to do.ADR 62/01 (current) makes no mention of D shackles3.4.

Comment

With The quality of engineering by trailer makers in this country, a cheap ass gal shackle from super cheap would be the strongest part.Never get CSE in Capella to build one.Never been more dissapointed.

Comment

IF you need a good trailer made Aspinall trailers in Brisbane make good gear on time and no BS

Comment

The bit on the Dept of Transport sheet one obtains state that the chains are to be welded to the trailer hitch so there goes the tensile strength of the link out the door and you are not allowed to use rated shackles to attaché it to the trailer draw bar what a joke that is. I just do what they say and when it fails will show them their rules.

Comment

I"m just going to make a chain out of certified shackles I think

Comment

Yeah i"ve also seen some really crap mass produced trailers. I was towing one on the pacific Hwy and the axle shifted to the right side. Pulled over and investigated and horrified id almost lost the Axel as the spring shackle welds broke away from the front both sides and the springs were holding by the slipper guides at the rear if springs these were of about 2mm thickness. How does stuff like this get a road worthy. I didn"t feel good thinking what would have happened if that axle wasn"t caught by the rear spring guides especially on a 110Km/h 4 lane highway. And 4 lane on coming. May be the cops should do the rounds an the makers.

Comment

I make my own ;D and suitably overbuild them, just like everything else

Comment

Only in Queensland........

Comment

Yeah it"s confirmed i just had a mate tell me today that you have to have your safety chain certified. Why arn"t we being told this by the department of transport? As i say Australia is becoming over Legislated. Time for another Eureka Stockade to get the "Hey True Blue" blood flowing i think. I can help organize we need beer, camp fire wood, what else?Mike.

Comment

Count me in this country is going to the pack too many regulations and idiot do gooders

Comment

Yeah it"s confirmed i just had a mate tell me today that you have to have your safety chain certified. Why arn"t we being told this by the department of transport? As i say Australia is becoming over Legislated. Time for another Eureka Stockade to get the "Hey True Blue" blood flowing i think. I can help organize we need beer, camp fire wood, what else?Mike.

Comment

Yeah different versions from police.. Hmm let me think oh yeah that"s right. I remember i was north of Mt Isa and driven all bloody day in the rodeo and me foot was aching so i set the dodgy cruise control to 120k. Probably saw two cars all day. Any way i was just about to council control about 25k before Isa just before i passed a bloody cop car and he u turned and got me for 120K and he was so patronizing i didn"t bother. His partner was standing at the back of the vehicle making comments too so i said if ya mate has something to say how about he talks to my face. Any way when i was in Williams River i stopped for fuel and got talking to the local Sargent there and he"s seen us and just waved slow down out the window and a touch up at the Road house all good. I mentioned the fella at isa and i also seen him a long way out from base pulled over a commodore and i thought what the hell is he doing out here. Well the Sargent said ah That C@#t would book his mother. There you go fellers he was getting his KPI"s up for a promotion or transfer...no am i wrong...Ok he was a very conscientious, enthusiastic, diligent, cop. I did 9500Kms on that job in four weeks i think i can read the road pretty well and didn"t bust one tire, it"s gotta be a revenue thing. So i bought a Bell radar unit stealth, problem solved, except me mate got done by a dick less Tracey just behind me at 128K.I tried to get the call out but too late. Ya see if you want to get around a 3 or four trailer truck you get the go and you don"t muck around you could be cumming back from 140k in front and back to cruise. Me detector alarmed i stomped the brakes and she got me mate following me. Interesting that the company that makes radar detectors also make radar speed readers.Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X