States of our Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• States of our Nation

Myself and a few others are going to start writing an article each quarter for the Gyronews about gyro related stories from each state of Australia. Any gyro related stories, information or events would be welcome.
    i will be looking after NSW, Darrell Jones is looking after QLD, Matt Gilbert is taking care of WA and NT and Ian Morcombe will be writing for VIc, SA and Tassy.
    Please help us out with material.

Good one Rick. Wife and I shall be flying 80 km south this Sat. to a flyin and sleep over at the old WW2 recognisance squadron strip now privately owned. I go every year to present a homemade gyro. O'l mate Aiden will show up in his sexy Caladus. I love reminding some fixed wingers that gyro's are starting to outsell fixed wings. There will be a band playing WW2 stuff. I'll take the camera along
    Last edited by mad max; 10-08-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Good one Max, write a few words and send with pics to Matt Gilbert.

Comment

Will do. My wife's asian by birth so I'll dress her up with leather helmet and goggles to look like a 'Zero pilot'.

Comment

Poor Ira.........

Comment

struth max,.

Comment

We're getting too old to rough it. Could only take what fitted in the gyro. slept in tent on S/bags on hard ground. Going home next day Ira fell asleep in the gyro and cap and headphones fell off her head. I had to wake her up while flying (doors off) to sort things out. The band didn't turn up as two members very sick.

Comment

Originally posted by mad max View Post
                We're getting too old to rough it. Could only take what fitted in the gyro. slept in tent on S/bags on hard ground. Going home next day Ira fell asleep in the gyro and cap and headphones fell off her head. I had to wake her up while flying (doors off) to sort things out. The band didn't turn up as two members very sick.
                Know how you feel Max, I slept on the ground at the Narromine Airshow a while back.
                Your story reminds me of a flying trip I did with my wife. We had been flying for an hour or so and she fell asleep so I watched her carefully and just as she started waking up I pretended I was asleep.............for some reason or other she didn't think it was funny????

Comment

Good one Rick! I tried once while training a student years ago to simulate a heart attack and pretended to die. Wife likes the comfort of home. In future I think I'll be flying on camping trips solo. That will give me room for a proper swag. (And my little Ingel fridge with a 6 pack).
                  Last edited by mad max; 16-08-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X