Get the Right Starter Motor when building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the Right Starter Motor when building

Why build your own Gyro rather than buying a factory built one? In my opinion, there are numerous reasons and for me one reason was to gain a solid understand and how and why the Gyro flies and balances in the air in order to ascertain I am flying a safe aircraft. Another strong reason is the cost, on face value it seems much cheaper to build your own, and on the one hand this is true, but also not true because if you spend the time surfing the net, you can find some great bargains on major components that are NEW or next to new, and the more you investigate, the more the you learn. Plus you can build it as time permits, and as finances come to hand. I spent 3 years building mine and created a website because a lot of people wanted to see the build pics www.gyroflight.com.au

I decided to build a RAF200 because coming from a fixed wings background I wanted an enclose cabin with doors so I had the opportunity to open up maps etc, and wanted the familiarity of that cockpit environment. It was very difficult to find a set of plans on how to make this aircraft, but I did manage. I had to buy workshop equipment for my garage like a bandsaw, drop saw (fit metal cutting blades) Bench drill, linishing machine and a lathe.

Richard.

Isn't building Gyro's fun!

Comment

What's happened to this Forum?
      It used to be so great
      You could pop any question,
      you didn't have to wait.

It was all about the battle'rs
      who built their own machines
      We'd scrimp and save and raise the funds
      by any other means

We'd make a frame and strip a car