What happens when an idiot interviews an expert;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when an idiot interviews an expert;

From the BBC;" November was the hottest month and ended the hottest spring on record for Australia, meteorologists say.The soaring temperatures could make 2014 Australia"s hottest year on record.Maximum temperatures were warmer than average across nearly the entire continent, according to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BoM).Nine of the warmest springs on record occurred since 2002, said BoM Manager of Climate Monitoring Karl Braganza."Australia has been warming up by about 0.9C [a year] since 1910," Dr Braganza told the BBC.Australian temperature records go back to 1910."........Run the numbers on the second last line...........You guys must be really sweatin"........

Be f***n cold if it wasnt for the warmn.

Comment

Dont trust the BOM mob there got their hands out for coin with the global warming mob, whole load of BS"Cloncurry was widely regarded as holding the record for the highest temperature recorded in Australia at 53.1 °C (127.5 °F) on 16 January 1889"Been a couple of days since that happened, if the place was heating up like they would want us to believe, that record be gone ny now surely ???

Comment

Dead right Bones. We"ve just had our hottest November day in 50 years. That means that there was a hotter one 50 years ago, and there is every likely hood that there were plenty of hotter ones before that.

Comment

Don"t ask any pilot what he thinks of the BOM.I will grant them that their temp predictions are pretty good but their weather forecasts are abysmal. It makes me laugh when the television channels predict 7 days in advance. Regards.....Chook.

Comment

Yeah i remember reading the trivia on a pack of Tallyho rolly papers and they talk of the highest recorded temperature in Australia they can"t even get that right there"s a sign just outside Cloncurry yep 53.1 deg. i remember back in the eighty"s the school in central west NSW shutting down at 50 deg in the shade no aircon back then. Sweating over our books funny how we don"t remember flood levels too until it floods some houses go 20 foot under now now we pay for the idiots with our insurance premium. Mike

Comment

I once worked seismic in a December with no rain to cool it down near Fitzroy Crossing WA in the 80"s, it got up to 56%. That is the hottest I have ever experienced.

Comment

Yeah we had the 80"s 4 year drought in the central west and for those that i talk to that experienced 80 to 84 remember well and comment that was a hard time on the land like paddock crossing road in dust storms. Water was very precious and for the live stock digging trenches and shooting them. Dad called out property heart break hill. Now days i"ve heard of the same occurrence i believe Tamworth is on a level five water restriction and Bob Katter talking of farmers topping themselves and it"s coming from other fellers i"ve talked to as well, bloody tough times and i would not expect the banks to back off. There"s always those well to do that do ok but for those not so it"s very hard times. Katter said "just let it go" maybe 3 generations of farming gone years of stock breading gone and what is a farmer gunna do in the city. Now the Chinamen are buying agricultural property 8.5 billion dollars last count whats it now and why. There buying into aboriginal stock stations too no free lunch fellers be careful. I spoke to me mate at Eulimore springs central west and after 3 floods hard drought i"ve never seen it so dry and he said the seasons aren"t guaranteed anymore and no money to do any thing just wait till times are good. It will get get hot and wet but seems its the extremes of weather events. Time will tell but it seems the top end is where fellers are talking because that"s where the water is i would like to sell up and try it on drop cattle at water and count the losses. I"ve just been sharfted on a Chinese contract and have heard 3 other companies too so i don"t trust and business dealings with them. I"ve heard some horror stories like chasing year old accounts up to 1.5 million our arm of law ain"t long enough to reach them they just don"t pay and sink you 3 down who"s next looks like they wanna do it themselves. Enough said time will tell.Mike.

Comment

"Dont trust the BOM mob there got their hands out for coin with the global warming mob, whole load of BS"Woman in Brisbane was researching those floods. Found BOM had changed early temp. records "in line with international thinking" Figures were adjusted to neighbouring records as must have been an anomaly. Well her father had recorded the temperatures for many years for the weather folk, and knew he was meticulous as to temperature and time. Some very high temps in early 1900"s were discarded, as could not possibly be that hot. But papers at the time said it was. The new figures show slow warming. The real figures show a little cooling.A patient is a Rhodes Scholar and works for BOM. She is sure we have warming and sends me stuff to prove it. Stuff that says "We have global warming, and here are the figures to prove it" That is not science. That is trying to prove your bias.Most organisations have group think. You do not get hired if you are going to upset the apple cart. I am reading a biography of Ken Galbraithe, the economist. It states that a bloke working for Rooseveldt only hired economists who thought his way. Thus when Rooseveldt got advice, they all agreed. This happens everywhere, but the

Comment

One could find the truth on global warming by a simple action. Just shut the power grid down to all the ivory towers on a 40* day and those so called experts would decease before they reached the ground floor level. Just an observation.

Comment

Yeah i agree with the global climate cycle. Firstly man is not as intelligent as we would like to think. Back in 2011 i just so happened to be out at wyvenhoe dam and i have photos of the water level over the top of picnic tables and shelters. About two weeks before the flood event. Truth is very inconvenient to the hierarchy. There was also a sign on the road to Grantham turning people back and lets not forget that famous video footage of the man wife and kid floating on top of their car in flood water. Why the chopper didn"t drop off his camera crew and rescue them i don"t know and they drowned good video footage though. As i have said we are just a species like 400 million other completely dependable on the resources of this planet in order to survive. We have a population of 9.6 Billion highest ever. We do have natural catastrophic events, disease, starvation, fires, floods, earth quakes and yellow stone volcano is becoming seismic active again, Wellington New Zealand is on top of one of the largest historic volcanoes in the world we have war and like first world war killed 10 million of our own men women and children and we even glorify war . Food is probably the first crises to consider. Economic and energy is a close second we today are probably more vulnerable to the essential services as we are no longer nomadic we live in cities we need water food and electricity and OIL. I don"t believe we have the ability to survive like other species now as we are cleaver with science and infrastructure and energy but if the system collapsed were back to basics many civilizations have succumbed to the inevitable X-Y dependance. Most catastrophic events are natural we have media to see it now. Truth is very inconvenient today we are so comfortable with what we have. Planet earth has had many catastrophic events and mass extinction in the past 4.5 billion years but life just re invents it"s self.Mike.

Comment

The world was alot hotter,dryer and for a loooong time, not to many centeries back.How do i know?Open eyes n logic. ( as opposed to manufactured numbers from guvments.Theres a desert just out my back door, and it has irrefutable evidence of wot iv just stated, if you undetstand wot your lookn at.But, that dont happen these days.You can drive round ere all day and an outsider will 99% of the time say, " just mlies n mlies of nuthn".

Comment

Working...
                        X