• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who thinks bows and arrows are slow and mundane

A new look at old archery

struth that"s bloody freaky.

Comment

He"d be one bloke who could take a bow to a gunfight..... and prolly come off on top

Comment

He has an inch wide or wider knock (if that"s what it"s called.)

Comment

Another one.... can shoot a life saver at 15"

Comment

Was told that a compound bow can put a arrow through a bullet proof vest at 25 yards. Probably an old internet tale but a bloke giving me a demo here in the sheep yards did awesome damage & took a while to dig the arrow head out of the post. I shot my 222 cal rifle into the same post [ didnt like the post anyway] & it did stuff all damage so the moral of the story is if someone is pointing a bow & arrow your way, move quickly.

Comment

Or shoot first.

Comment

Or shoot first.Good thinking Birdy!I"m bit surprised bows & arrows arent used more often in certain situations, very little noise meaning someone very proficient with a bow could take out some of the opposition fairly quickly making the odds better for when it gets nasty . Some of the arrow heads used today could well incapacitate someone if placed in a vital spot & the shock of having an arrow imbedded in you would take a little time to sink in before you could act or die.Used to make my own bows etc as a kid & I had this slingshot that a old pensioner working home made for me. That thing was lethal & could propel a yonnie about 100 yards. Around the 25 yard mark I could hit a tin can every shot & put a sizable dent in it so supposing the tin can was someone"s head, it would most likely take that person out !Mmmm, looks like my arsenal collection I"m getting ready for the end of the world is growing

Comment

Ha, who needs slingshots n bows n arrows?I gota arm thatll bullseye anythn within 50 yards on the fly, with wotever i can get hold of, specialy if its been tryn to eat me.

Comment

Ha, who needs slingshots n bows n arrows?I gota arm thatll bullseye anythn within 50 yards on the fly, with wotever i can get hold of, specialy if its been tryn to eat me.u sure ur arm still that good

Comment

2 YO micky tried it out a few days ago.Turn out the dicy elbow and rist pain is only a hinderance till the blood starts boiln, then all bets are off. Mind you, wen the blood cools off, it feels like sumone draged me down the road by that arm. :-

Comment

2 YO micky tried it out a few days ago.Turn out the dicy elbow and rist pain is only a hinderance till the blood starts boiln, then all bets are off. Mind you, wen the blood cools off, it feels like sumone draged me down the road by that arm. :- ;D ;DYour an Ol fart now yeah I know it sucks but hey there got to be some benefit to getting old, get some young fool to do it like us 20 yrs ago :"(

Comment

2 YO micky tried it out a few days ago.Turn out the dicy elbow and rist pain is only a hinderance till the blood starts boiln, then all bets are off. Mind you, wen the blood cools off, it feels like sumone draged me down the road by that arm. :-RSI in the wrist and elbow eh?

Comment

If there was anyone who could replace a 20yo me bones, he,d hava job ina hartbeat. But you know how it is. The only oh&s ruel ere is, wipe your own snoty nose.And Mundy, rsi would be good, but extream momentary compression on the rist joint and bone chips floatn round the elbow, occasionaly jamn the joint, aint injeries from jerkn gerkins.Wankers cramp would be like a war badge in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                            X