KUNUNURRA 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUNUNURRA 2016

Howdy guys,Still basking in the success of Avalon 2015 and appreciating that a big portion of that success was an "Air Safari" from NSW put together by George Harris, Neil Farr, Dean McFarlane, Russell Duncan, Rick Elliott and Mick Waldon, I"m now gonna promote this particular thread as the place to bounce around ideas and swap navigational information about getting safely to Kununurra.On the assumption that most potential attending gyros would be coming from the South Eastern Australia and the Eastern Seaboard generally I"m particularly interested in promoting a discussion about the routes that people would take if flying a gyro from the East - SouthEast to Kununurra.There"s enough people currently within ASRA who have experience at criss-crossing the remotest areas of Australia, and also operating routinely in the remotest parts of Australia, that safe routes would be able to be identified and lots and lots of "in the know" tips should also be able to be contributed.After having received the Autumn Gyro News and read John Storey"s article, I"ll certainly be seriously considering flying from Melbourne for about 25 to 27 open-frame hours to get there. I"ve always been impressed by the "Kununarra gang" since they whole-heartedly contributed to the 2011 fleet survey, and because they are a cohesive friendly bunch of people.The most obvious routes are either the Stuart Highway to Tenant Creek then NorthWest to
Working...
X