Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For All You Boys Grading your own tracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For All You Boys Grading your own tracks.

G'Day Gents,Sonny asked me to post this pic and comments. Cheers.She is a 1949 Cat 112 motor and I blade 30 odd miles of road 3or 4 times a year.I just figure Birdy might like it.Cheers CobbaSonnyImage Insert: 84.56

oo,We could use that at Denman, but I don't know if there would be anyone smart enough to drive it, me included.Apparently it takes some skill to drive these things and get the right result.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

Yours mite be older n' mine Mitch, but at lest its got glass, mines a bit drafty this time o year.Skill Nik??? A grader would av to be one of the most brain numb'n machines ever made........... after a dozer of course.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.You can always get the answer you want, if you ask enough experts.

Comment

the skill comes into the final trim ... I dont think you'd need it out there birdy ....your quite right Nick it takes a bit of practice and patience .... I havent got either ...Safe Flying ... ding Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment

Comment

You don't think I 'final trim' me strips or the beef road I'm contracted to do ding???[mebe its sumthn to do with my younger 'Tonka' days.]Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.You can always get the answer you want, if you ask enough experts.

Comment

Not knockin your ability here birdy whether the blades on the bottom or the top (specially on the top), only theres not the need to be too precise when the blades on bottom worken those bush roads ... after all it's only the NT isn't it []Safe Flying ... ding Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment

Comment

Sonny,Does it start without using aerostart? How come it only has one good drive tyre? And what's with the dicky steer tyre?It'd be a mongrel to start on a cold day, probably runs hot under load, uses more oil than fuel, armstrong steering and full of rust...Be a cheap buy Birdy.TedSquare bear at least once a day keeps the blues away.

Comment

Mornin TedI'm not sure what aerostart is mate.She has a pony motor that is a gasoline 2 cylinder engine that runs through a clutch and drive gear to start the diesel motor I've never had a problem starting her in the winter and thats when I plow the snow of the roads and she,s never run hot even in 100*F heat pushing up the mountain.At $300.00 a tire I only replace them when I can see the air in them[)] and the front ones are only a year old, they are ribed for the front wheel tilt.I only change the oil once a year becouse I don't use it that much and never noticed any oil usage but then I only burn about 100 gallons of diesel in the year.It has hydrolic steering via an orbital motor and belt driven pump so she is easy to steer I think easer than my 2002 Masda jap junk suv. All other controlls are gear driven via a central PTO shaft,thats why they call it the knuckle buster system. And yes she dose have some rust but nothing bad.Sorry Birdy she's not for sell. Probly cost more to ship than a new one would cost anyway. I figure y'all might like to see an antique motor grader that is still in use.[8D]Happy bladin guysSonnyIntelligence is not a privilege,it is a gift and should be used for the good of mankind.

Comment

Oh well I tried to talk him down Birdy but he's playing tough to get to.TedSquare bear at least once a day keeps the blues away.

Comment

We use to have an old D7 3t cable blade. Probably the same motor as we had a petrol auxillary too. Great old dozer. Motor was perfect and now she resides in a museum. ken

Comment

Hi Sonny, "aerostart" is a brand name for ether , another brand here in OZ is " Start Ya ******* " .[] I see your a heavy vehicle mechanic , diesel machinery imported into OZ from the nth hemisphere usually has ether injection as an option , but rarely used here... weather dosn,t get cold enough.cheers PhilImage Insert:[img]http://www.asra.org.au/forum/uploaded/Phil/200576231634_*******.jpg[/img] 81.98

Comment

Howdy PhillThanx for that,man I would luv to have a can of that on my nique naque shelf (no ofence Nick) right between my Star Treck Phazer and my didgeridoo. I have alot of things on it that aint worth nothin but are cool to look at.[8D]Cheers MateSonnyIntelligence is not a privilege,it is a gift and should be used for the good of mankind.

Comment

Working...
                        X