Greetings from Texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Texas.

G'Day Gents,I arrived Saturday arvo in Dallas/Fortworth and Larry and Heron picked me up and took me to lunch at the 'Outback' restaurant. Dunny doors notated with 'Sheilas' and 'Blokes' and heaps of Australiana. Good tucker too. Had a tour of the local Bridgeport airfield and Larry's hanger and work shops. Then off to bed at around midnight. This jet lag thing is a 'crock'. Been up for something like 36 hrs, then didn't get to sleep till 0200hrs, then woke up every half hr or so before rising at 0720.Had a big mid morning feed at the IHOP (International House of Pancakes), very popular on a Sunday midmorning through lunch. Man the portions here are hugh. One meal a day will sustain me.Anyway, Larry taught me how to use a milling machine, lathe, drop down band saw and some other stuff. We manufactured rudder horn assemblies for the new tails Larry has on his US craft and one glass tail is underway (so I am being shown how these are put together)for install on the next Aussie Monarch. I have another 8 or 9 days here before heading to the PRA Convention and there is a possibility of getting a ride in the Golden Butterfly. The turboed Golden which I saw fly today is so quiet, I was amazed and Larry took off and flew at half throttle throw for a good half hour or more. He needs to fly off 40 hrs before he can give a passenger ride in this craft, so I just keep my fingers crossed on a ride in the std Golden.Tomorrow I will be meeting Larry's CNC shop man and then making some more parts and learning the ropes. Being able to have this time with Larry and taxing him for info is worth its weight in gold.My Darlin rang tonight around 9.30 pm as we were leaving the workshop, she told me I have $350 in my rebuild account. Excellent. I advised I haven't had a 'durry' for 2 1/2 days, no cravings and not missing it one little bit. I reckon I'm a "NON-SMOKER", so the new blades will be going straight onto the rebuilt Butterfly as soon as it's done.Looking forward to getting into the air real soon.All the best.Mitch.Thanks Llewella, (had to dash) I am and will continue to. Cheers.www.thebutterflyllc.com

Mitch, Great to hear you're off the weed![^] Now you'll be able to afford to rebuild the Butterfly as often as you like[]---No disregard that!!Have a great time, we look forward to seeing you in August.John EvansThink logically and do things well, think laterally and do things better.

Comment

Working...
    X