Rotortec Cloud Dancer II Hydraulic Pre-rotator/4 blade rotor Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotortec Cloud Dancer II Hydraulic Pre-rotator/4 blade rotor Video

Got an email from John.Check out the Cloud Dancer side by side two seater with new hydraulic pre-rotator on 4 blade rotor system.Mitchhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU3fcY-XWLk

i"ve wondered what the down side of 4 blade system is, besides the price.in a recent mag they had said there was heaps of lift but when the power is off you really knew it. [some thing along those lines anyway] it seems to be a contradicting statement. so are they better and are there any in ozz. one would think that with 4 blades

Comment

seems like something if you got stick shake. well i dunno if you would come out of, two blades is enough ain"t it ??cheers adrian

Comment

Well these big heavy sleds going to 30+ feet rotors might be better to have say 4 at 25" for instance?

Comment

yeah good point exactly bones, i didnt think that big, i was thinking of the difference between even 26" and 27" down to say 4blade 23". now that would be interesting. does anyone fly 4blade in oz ?how would you calucate the length ?the same formula i would imagine. any thoughts any one ?

Comment

More Pics

Comment

Guys,Jeff Henly Smith did extensive testing on a four blade system here in oz when he was still with us. He even patented it if I remember correctly but the cost and complexity didnt match the performance improvement seen.Adrian

Comment

ok thanks for that adrian, congrates on your nats too.

Comment

Comments from John regarding some questions put to him."the head has a overriding clutch andit will not charge any Battery. The 4 bladed system has elastomeric Dampersin the Tower for the sheer moments."

Comment

greg , why is there dampers . i thought it would be able to teeter and have normal stops ?

Comment

G"Day Tony,I believe the concern is -that, simply stacking two rotors without the ability to lead/lag independently, the system will have vibration/shake issues and not last long. Elastometeric Dampers in the Towers for the sheer moments apparently work for Rotortec on their Cloud Dancer II.Mitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X