ROTAX SERVICE BULLETIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTAX SERVICE BULLETIN

A new rotax service bulletin has come out in the past week in regard to faulty carburettor floats in some 912 and 914 engines built during or after 2012. The affected serial numbers are contained in the bulletin. replacement floats during this period may also be affected.I know of two 914 engines that have experienced this problem. In both instances the fault was detected on the ground fortunatley as in flight it would have been catastrophic.If anyone does not have access to the rotax web site let me know and i will forward the email on.

Anyone using E10 needs to take extra special care. Even straight unleaded can contain some real nasty"s . Petrol companies use all sorts of solvents including acetone & other similiar beauty tratments

Comment

Hey Rick i looked on the technical and Rotax no bulletin, Just your advisory, so whats the fault with the floatscan you send the link mate as i havent seen the bulletin. Mike.

Comment

Thanks Rick for posting this information.For those who are unable to find the service bulletin here is a link to it: http://www.rotaxowner.com/rotax-blog...oat-inspection Regards,Waddles
        Waddles

In aviation, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Comment

Just an update on the carby float buoyancy issue. If anyone has a rotax with an engine serial number within the affected range Floods are sending out test kits and replacement gaskets FREE OF CHARGE, unbelievable but true!I received mine today with a nil invoice.

Comment

Working...
          X