No announcement yet.

Cleaning Rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sand paper my AKs all over whenever they look a bit scungy. A bloke (ASRA member) just called in and said your dead Brian. He assumed you were the notorious Chopper Read. I guess you can"t be if you"ve posted today?

Comment

I sand paper my AKs all over whenever they look a bit scungy. A bloke (ASRA member) just called in and said your dead Brian. He assumed you were the notorious Chopper Read. I guess you can"t be if you"ve posted today? ;D A few people might have liked me that way back a while.....[dead] but I can assure one & all that I am alive and well & intend staying that way for many many moons to come ! I got my nick name from a mates kids when they heard & saw me flying around in the egg beater

Comment

Just use really mild dishwashing liquid like palmolive and hot water, (I know people will say "Dishwashing liquid!!!! You know your blades are soaking in it" then a good rinse and a chamois to get rid of the spots. Mr sheen is probably good to stop bugs sticking, so is a good car polish or wax... the polishes will keep the blades looking good and stop air and other things being able to get in and interfere with the glueThe last thing you want to use is anything harsh or chemicals that risk weakening the bonding on blades that are only held together with glue.... I wouldnt be using anything that can remove loctite on bonded blades

Comment

I"ve had to fly thru some rain occasionally it"s an easy way to clean the rotor blades.

Comment

Working...
          X