New Promo Videos M912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Promo Videos M912

I See Sportcopter have put up a couple new promo Videos....Enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF3gHdyf9RIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzI0v7WQHE

Loved the manoverability video but the second one... slightly more than 8mph perhaps..

Comment

Guys,In the real world my Sportcopter on a 3to5kt day, 20degC at 970"MSL , prerotate 27" rotors to 240rrpm, 30litres fuel with a 125kg pilot takes 90m for wheels clear and 120m for 50" obstacle clearence . On a 20kt headwind day with the above load it takes < 20m wheels clear and

Comment

I love reality and knowing what reality is.

Comment

They should have stated the amount of headwind. It"s got to be atleast 25knts. It"s almost hovering on landing. But it still looks the goods. Ken

Comment

They should have stated the amount of headwind. It"s got to be atleast 25knts. It"s almost hovering on landing. But it still looks the goods. KenThey do.....in the intro title. 8MPH. It is up to you to decide the accuracy of their anenometer Hint, check the grass and the plank parked in the background.However, I can assure you that you don"t need anywhere near 25Kts to do that hover type landing in a M912. That last bit of the descent is pretty quick, but thetrick is in the suspension.Miles

Comment

And the windsock @ 2:21Miles

Comment

I was being cynical Miles. I am yet to see a gyro fly slower than 25knts. Allowing for the 8mph headwind you are still looking at about 20knts. across the ground. Lets be generous and say 15. That gyro isnt travelling that fast across the ground. Adrian"s fiigures sound

Comment

Hi Ken, Disco, Adrian,Gee, I have only been away from the Forum for a week or so and you guys have just about written a book!! ;DKen, I think you are on the right track, I guess the wind is varying between 10 and 15 knots by judging what the gyro is doing.

Comment

G"day Ian. I reckon your machines are great. The landings and takeoffs look smooth and easy and the machine is impressive in any conditions I would think. Thats unreal if you can fly slower than 20knts. I reckon thats more impressive than doing 80knts. Hope things are good with you and Bev.Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,Yep,

Comment

Working...
                      X