No announcement yet.

Available teeter.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if I"ve measured this teeter angle correctly or not.Basically, took the fixing screw which stops the tophats from dropping out when you pull the teeter bolt. Having removed the nut from the teeter bolt I was able to pull the top hat off the tower a little, allowing me to slip a protractor onyo the bread board stops and lined up the 90 degree vertical line with the little hole the fixing screw came out of.With one end of the hub bar on the stop, the other side measured just aver 15 degrees and when doing the opposite measerment I got spot on 16 degrees.

Comment

Im no spurt Mitch, but id say you got plenty of room, providing nuthn can touch the bar.Where you got 15* i got ten, and iv never run outa teeter yet.

Comment

Mitch,Your approach sounds ok to me. 8deg each way +/- a degree looks enough to me. Adrian ;D

Comment

Thanks Birdy, Adrian.I"m hoping the diagram will verify if the process was OK.The drawing is not entirely accurate.

Comment

Mitch,If I understand your diagram correctly you may have an error in your reading.I will fax through a drawing latter today.Adrian

Comment

G"Day Adrian,It didn"t look right to me and as I explained to you, as the Patroney hub and bar were made to suit the Bensen/Butterfly head, I couldn"t see how I could still get 7.5-8 degrees with the install of the bread board stops.Thanks for the call and advice.

Comment

Measured the teeter as per Adrians instructions and I have just under 6 degrees on one side and just over 6 degrees on the other.The bread board stops have taken out 3 degrees, which is if memory serves me, is what I estimated it to be in another thread sometime back.Anyway took the Monarch for a low level blap, cranked and banked around the trees, got reasonable video of cattle, goats, sheep, three big turkeys and wild duck flushed from the paddocks, where they are still feeding in the mushy pools throughout the countryside.Flying again tomorrow with a crew, so will do a vid and post.I think I"ll be shaving down the bevelled area of my stops to get some teeter back.Thanks Adrian and all for your help.Mitch.

Comment

Working...
                X