No announcement yet.

Safety of nyloc nuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The moderator has done it again:1) Failed to remove all the personal slanging, one offending post remains above.2) Deleted the technical content as well, too bad for anyone who missed it.Bit of a shame really, I was looking forward to finding out what might happen at the NATS..Now I will ask Mark to prove there is 'no way' the connection can't fail in fatigue from the forces applied by the stabiliser, as I referred to in my now deleted post.Do your best.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

Censorship Sucks![V]Glad I got to read it before it got deleted, the technical stuff was a treat [)], the slanging tame. [:0]BRING BACK THE BIFF!!! [B)][]No private emails thanks, I get enough hate mail without your contrabution.[]MitchImage Insert: 10.23

Comment

As much as I hate to admit it , I think Nick is right. Can the above picture be reposted on another topic for discussion ? It's a bit hard to tell but it looks as though there is only ONE bolt[?] passing thru each end of RHS. If that is a step keel , I would suggest that the threads on the bolts would be the least of your problems. Eric

Comment

PS : I heard getting a brown eye from a Taswegian is the same as getting a horses head put in your bed from a hit man in Melbourne ( ? ). I may be wrong........

Comment

Mr Mitchell,You've excelled yourself this time.. very amusing, ripper comic.Mr Hoskinson,You agree!? Touche', got me that time, is this some sort of conspiracy? Now I'm really paranoid.On topic:The connection concerns me not only with respect to fatigue as a result of down stresses, but also because the connection method does not permit the inspection at the bolt of concern, you cannot see if the RHS has cracked unless you pull the connection apart, and given some of the history of inspection of even the most easy things to view, ie, hub bars and their history so far, a covered in connection of this ilk is certainly begging for a long term failure, and, given its critical location and nature, a probable death on occurrence. I advocate strongly a four bolt connection, failing that, at the very least - move the bolt into a position where the RHS connection can be viewed.Cheers,Nick.

Comment

Classic Echo!

Comment

Working...
              X