No announcement yet.

Pump Sticks vs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripple layers sounds great to me too Tim. Birdy with respect, there are stories to be had on all the types of sticks. For example did you know that Rosco had a recall on his Rosco Sticks of the type you are in favour of back in April 99 after a failure of one in a gyro. I agree they are very strong and don't take any room to speak of, but there are lots of parts to them which are often hidden away and difficult to check properly. Its semantics when it comes down to it.Pete

Comment

"Actually Sam the pump stick works the other way around. If you hit an upsurge, the weight of your arms and the vertical movement of the stick tend to lower the stick, partially cancelling out the "upsurge". The same but opposite for a "lift"."This is why it can induce PIO to a new in-experienced pilot.The newbi starts to chase the movement without realizing.Nose goes up, stick goes down, nose goes down stick goes up.Once one understands what is happening, they are as safe as eny other control system. Enyhow, if the machine is configured right this should never be a problem. Regards Sam.

Comment

And how often have i said, 'fly the rotors [stick] and not the machine."Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.You can always get the answer you want, if you ask enough experts.

Comment

Working...
        X