No announcement yet.

Tractor Gyro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyroron,Hi. Yes, I'm a litle torn about halting construction on the Sonex - but I still have the plans, and all the manufactured bits I have made. They're safely stored away, waiting for the call-back. Who knows?In the meantime, I continue to make progress on my wooden "jig-build". I am so pleased I decided to take the time to build the first proof of concept out of 18mm pine. I have already stumbled on a number of poor design choices as part of the construction process. I plan to complete the airframe this weekend, and then take some photos of it.The next phase will involve trying to make a composite shell to wrap around this prototype. I know WHAT to do, but HOW to get it done is a bit of a mystery. I have all sorts of ideas, but the process is going to be one of trial and error. Lots of eyeball engineering, I'm afraid - because I do not have a good CAD program - and even if I did have, I can't use CAD. This is a pity, because what I really need are sectionals drawn in CAD so that I can get the shape right. I'll just have to resort to shaping the foam by hand, and hoping for a good result.Cheers,Duncan

Comment

Working...
    X