No announcement yet.

Little wing Autogyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Butch, what are the availible ratios for the Autoflite?Aussie Paul. []www.firebirdgyros.com

Comment

how cooooool would a pitbull or littlewing be with a radial engin from rotec here in aust???just my little dream for when i win lotto.they now have a 150 hp 9 cylindar as well as a 110 7 cylindar. take a look if you like at www.rotecradialengines.com

Comment

Hoody,Something like you mean ?This bloke even chose the right colours !CheersImage Insert: 83.18

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Brad. Lurking on the US forum I get the impression that Hirth engines and its distributor over there aren't too popular. I assume it's like here in that Rotax dominates. Over here it seems just as impossible for Rotax to accept a faultly engine or part. I've had no problems with my Rotax engines but I haven't owned a Hirth yet. The thing that sticks in my mind is that I see a few, new design, light helicopters with Hirth F30's in them. Not the sort of machine I'ld put a dud engine in!Daryl Patterson

Comment

Thanks Butch. I assumed you're a rellie of Daves and would of said the Sub4. I assume an R1100s wouldnt be enough grunt (I'm after 100-120HP,preferably the 120).What can you tell me about the Beemer engine.Hoody, nice aren't they, very well made too. Before I became a country housewife I was a suburban housewife, the suburb next to the Chernikeeff factory. Back when they first had the prototype R2800 running, I said to Paul Chernikeeff."When you release this the first thing people will ask is do you have a 9 cylinder". Now I think I'm psychic. Short answer, too rich for me.Daryl Patterson

Comment

DarylBite the bullet, spend the extra dough, and by a Rotax 914.Speak to Birdy !Now I'll shut up & shove a sock in my mouth.Regards Sam. [][][]Image Insert: 20.7 KB

Comment

Sam the 912 is great for people who fly for a living as the hours clocked probably warrent the EXPENCE however Rusty has had an amazing run with his subaru 2000hrs between overhauls to be noted he changes oil & sets tapets every 30hrs this diligence seems to be the differance between amazing & miserable also R1100 makes 92hp std & weight is 76kg with redrive & would possibly compare with 912 Butch

Comment

Sam. If I bought a 914 I think the last thing I would feel is the sharp blow of a wooden rolling pin across the back of the head as my wife made way for a more economical husband. I'm even too scared to ask how much they cost!Daryl Patterson

Comment

$24,000 engine$20,000 extention to house$20,000 swimming pool$1,000 new washing machine$1,000 new fridge$8,000 new plasma TV$2,000 sound system$10,000 divorce lawyerSome like $86.000 - and then you loose half of it.Far cheaper to put a contract out on her.Tim McClure

Comment

G,day.If I was going to own a tractor Gyro, I think it would be a Little Wing type. By that I mean, two seats and enclosed.I also think I would like it on floats only.My choice of engine would be a Thielert Centurion 1.7, I think.You have reliability,runs on Jet A,diesel, kero etc,has constant speed prop and Fadec. You may have to experiment with the prop and I am not sure about the Fadec without some modification,but this is the coming trend for light GA.The Thielert weighs about 130-40 pounds including all of the plumbing and electrics so I think a two bladed rotor system should suffice, but I am no expert as you know.I think a constant speed prop here would be an advantage going on GA experience.I think this combination would be ideal for areas like Gippsland,Barrier Reef and Alaska for instance.I dont know the price of the Thielert engine at this stage but Idont think it matters, as you would have a hell of an aircraft.Cheers.Image Insert: 28.12

Comment

"$24,000 engine"And thats cheap.......................... if you compare it to the price of a bodily rebuild in hospital............. or a 6' deep hole ina ground.Ignorance is bliss............but only till you realise you were.You can always get the answer you want, if you ask enough experts.

Comment

maybe check out the specs on a UL Up to 130hp for a 78.4kg apparent weightulpower.com

Comment

Working...
                          X