Great interview on AeroTV about Littlewing Autogyros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great interview on AeroTV about Littlewing Autogyros

Rotec Powered Littlewing and the Designer Ron Herronhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_xNOuNyCHE&feature=sub#cheersArt

Good Stuff Art!I met Ron a few years ago at Mentone...interesting and knowledgable fellow.That radial engine gets me excited. The Littlewing gyro looks the goods and holds a bunch of world records.Thanks for posting.Mitch.

Comment

Hi Art,Gee that radial looks nice hanging off the front.At one stage you were building one werent you? Are ya still?If so how are you finding the building/fabrication part of it all? I have Ron"s plans, hopefully one day i can put them to use.

Comment

I"m very busy for another 12 months then taking some time off to build. wonder if Muz will be finished by then ????????

Comment

Hey Art,mine will be in the paint shop next month some time, then home for the final internal fit out.Come to the ASRA Nats at Burren next June and I will let you sit in it!!.

Comment

By a strange coincidence, I happened to see an interview with Ron Herron whilst poking around on Youtube yesterday. It may well be the same one.He mentioned that the radial engine he puts on his are around the USD15000 mark.I am curious, Murray - How much are they in AUD (i.e. landed with all taxes paid.)

Comment

Not sure at the moment but around 20k would be a good guess.

Comment

Hi MussaAre the counter torque HS tabs something you are entertaining on your machine. I know Cieva used opposite aerofoils on the C30 "s HS with differential tailplane incidence . I have always contimplated there usefullness on our modern gyroplanes to counter torque roll. Maybe you can be our R&D ASRA Guinea pig.Regards SamL................

Comment

Hey Sam, I will be talking to Ron Herron about it. I may just put a fixed tab on one side of the HS.Thats the only problem with tractors,not having the option to put a full span rudder close to the prop to get rid of the torque roll.

Comment

Working...
                  X