Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Drooling......

Image Insert: 60.02

Nice.... Cant see the exhaust manifold.. must be a build shot ???Art SpinkGyroNews Editor

Comment

Hello ArtMaybe you know the answer to your query by now but if you look closely you can see short curved pipes coming out of each pot, these are the exhaust pipes as supplied. I believe by now Ron has made up an entire exhaust 'collector ring' as he calls it. Must have been a big job but he said the results were worth it.Thanks GGNZ.

Comment

Got that thanks, I've seen this machine in the flesh and it had the ring that you mentioned.I'm in the process of ordering the littlewing plans ,but the chq has gone missing, OZ post say the envelope has left the country and they have no way of checking it from then on ????? I sent it registered international mail thinking it could be tracked ..... How wrong I was.Do you know of any littlewing builders in NZ ? I'd like to try and form some sort of builders group. share some ideas and hopefully save some time and money. Learn from others mistakes or mine even.Hey Murray, I need another pic fix... Any more shots ?????here's one as a trade...Image Insert: 38.98

Comment

ArtI am unaware of any LW builders in this country right now but your idea is good and if I do learn of any intending builders I'll let you know.A friend who lives nearby ordered and got his set of LW plans as well as a nice video of Ron flying the above machine with the radial. The guy here was new to gyros and I may have put him off a bit because I told him it would be pointless in spending all that $ to build a LW and then put some kind of **** engine on it like he wanted to. As we know the price of a 914 is stratospheric and I don't know how the radials are priced or how they fly with 2 big asses inside, maybe by now Ron has found out.Thanks, GGNZ.

Comment

Art. Some sort of builders group may be a good idea. I have saved every Littlewing frame picture that I have come across and I am becoming a little bit concerned that some people with no experience with truss type fuselages are taking a few engineering liberties that may come back to bit them on there first heavy landing.Daryl Patterson

Comment

Hmmmmm...I read somwhere, that you should allways consider the prop as live when a child is sitting in the seat......Ross B

Comment

Art, if you want a lend of my plans to look over untill yours arrive you are welcome.I also have plans and data sheets for what was going to be a certfied tractor gyro that Bill Whitney drew up for Rod Milne over 20 years ago.There was one built and this is owned by an ASRA member and has never flown.(Properly).Daryl,Who is the builder "Taking liberties" with the design? There is an enormous amount of data out there concerning this method of construction and its certinaly not rocket science,get them to contact me and I'll head em in the right direction.

Comment

Hi , News from Ron Herron is the cheque turned up on friday and plans were dispatched same day. That means it took a registered mail normal sized envelope 18 days to get there from Sydney. Not great service but im glad it made it.Thanks for the offer Murray, I'm trying to organise a quick visit up to meet you soon.I need to get my face around a bit so I can raise a few stories for the magazine.cheers,Art SpinkGyroNews Editor

Comment

Hello Murray. I wasn't referring to any specific person it was more a general comment. If I remember my schooling correctly, in an ideal frame there should be no dedundent members and all members should be in compression or tension, without bending loads. Long columns bend before they buckle so people should concider going up a tube size instead of going to a thicker tube (this has happened in the plans, which may in fact mostly just add wieght). These are general rules and there is always more than one way to skin a cat so I am certainly not telling anyone how to build their gyro, but one thing I will say. The laws of physics and the principals of engineering are not always intuitive.I should add I haven't seen anything outright dangerous, but as one of our members knows it is a lot of work to straighten a bent truss type frame.Daryl Patterson

Comment

Working...
                    X