Gyro Check Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro Check Lists

I find check lists a very useful tool so I'll share some of the ones I use. Let me know if you have any simple easy to remember lists.Two Stroke GyroPre Engine StartFITABSF Fuel sufficient and switched on etcI Instruments switched off for startT Throttle set for startA All clear ... CLEAR PROP etcB Brake onS Secure no loose objects Pre Roll/ Pre Taxi/Pre Rolling for Take OffCHAIRC Controls all free and OKH Harness and Helmet OKA All clear other aircraftI Instruments on and OKR Radio on and CheckedI tend to do the CHAIR checks multiple times as in a machine without a pre-rotator getting the machine rolling is a priority on very still days.4 Stroke MachineThis is a new set of checks I'm working on, as I have limited 4 stroke experience.Pre Engine StartFITABSF Fuel sufficient and switched on etcI Instruments switched off for startT Throttle set for startA All clear ... CLEAR PROP etcB Brake onS Secure no loose objects Pre RollABCDEFGHIA All ClearB Brake offC Controls free and OKD Wind DirectionE Empty of loose objectsF Fuel OK aux fuel pump onG ( next letter of the alphabet???)H Harness and Helmet OKI Instruments on and OKDOWNWIND ChecksABCDEFAll ClearBrake offCarbi heatDirection of the windE ?????Fuel pump aux onThese are a work in progress, but I'm trying to develop a very simple set of easy to remember checks, and any help would be appreciated.Ross B [8D]
Working...
X