Kotta Fly/Drive 7th until 9th June 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotta Fly/Drive 7th until 9th June 2008

VSRA has organised another fly/Drive over the Queens Birthday long weekend being 7th until the 9th June 2008. The airfield operator advises he is once again happy to have the (Victorian Sport Rotorcraft Association) and its members use his private airfield & runway. For those who have not attended the venue on previous occasions the venue facilities include two flushing toilets, taps & tank water, washing up sink a large aircraft hanger with concrete floors.generator powered lighting, BBQ & onsite camping. Kotta is approximatly 25km west of Echuca. Lockington is approximately 10 km south of Kotta and has public showers in the main street. Call into the local store for keys to the showers. Word has it the Lockington Pub has a new Publican and is serving some good value counter meals and also has Hotel accomadation available. If you want more action Echuca is only 25km away with an extensive array of food, accomadation and entertainment plus the Murray river famous Paddle Steamers. So make it a family weekend for all to enjoy. All pilots to register on arrival & a donation to the owner is requested for the up keep of this facility. A pre-fight breifing will be held at 10 am & 12-30 pm on Friday 7th June.VSRA will conduct our next Club meeting at Kotta on Saturday night. The club will also provide a BBQ sausage sizzle, and other meals during that weekend!!!Please us know if you will be attending!!!! This will assist us with the catering. For more info visit our web site on http://www.vsra.org.au/modules/piCal...08-5-21Regards Sam La Bruna.

Hi Sam

Comment

Hi Dewie.The weekend went without a hitch. Our club provided all meals,(breakfast, lunch, & dinner) for all 3 days.We had about 20-30 people attend on Saturday, and lots of new interest in our machines.The boys from GT Gyroplanes also attended desplaying the new Kruza.Our meeting on Saturday night was slightly alterdfrom the norm, so instead it became a technical practical session on gyroplanes.We did a full hang test on Marks new machine, explaining our methods and madness. Explained finding the CofG and how to acheive pitch stability.After that I conducted several tests on all the Rotax powerd machines. All members were shown how to carry out a bearing clearence test on a 582, and 503"s. We then conducted a full inspection of Marks machine pointing out all and any area"s of concern.On Sunday we were joined by Daryle Patterson in his SE5 Bi-Plane. Some of us also flew across to Echuca to get a closer look at the new Kruza, and what is involved in the certification testing.All in all, it was a great weekend, and I still was able to get 4.3 hours of flying.Regards SamL.........

Comment

Thanks Sam, I"m sorry I didn’t make it.

Comment

We did a full hang test on Marks new machine, explaining our methods and madness. Explained finding the CofG and how to acheive pitch stability.After that I conducted several tests on all the Rotax powerd machines. All members were shown how to carry out a bearing clearence test on a 582, and 503"s. Sam, How did the Knight Riders aircomand come out in the hang test?It looks good in the air, just wondering.Graeme.

Comment

We did a full hang test on Marks new machine, explaining our methods and madness. Explained finding the CofG and how to acheive pitch stability.After that I conducted several tests on all the Rotax powerd machines. All members were shown how to carry out a bearing clearence test on a 582, and 503"s. Sam, How did the Knight Riders aircomand come out in the hang test?It looks good in the air, just wondering.Graeme.Hi GreameHe didnt attend.

Comment

Working...
            X