Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mount Beauty (Gathering of the moths) Flyin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Beauty (Gathering of the moths) Flyin.

Hi to allJust a friendly reminder, the Mount Beauty (Gathering of the moths) flyin is on this weekend.I will be leaving Melbourne Friday midday. Mount Beauty aerodrome is a very quiet little strip and the local club welcomes all types of flying machines. Each year there is always Trikes, Ultralights, Powerd Parachutes, Hangliders, and G.A who attend. Last year only 2 gyros attended, mine and Pete Bradley"s.Lunch is a BBQ provided by the club at the field each day (very cheap).Dinner is in town at the local pub, but is usually confirmed Saturday at the field. everyone is welcome to the dinner, and numbers are usually about 50-80 people.Camping is permitted at the field, or accommodation is available in town (2 min drive, 10 min walk)The strip is unlicensed and radio"s are not a requirement. Some people have commented on the type of country. The aerodrome is situated at the southern end of the Kiewa valley, which is full of open fields and the small river.So if an out landing is required, suitable fields are dial a dozen. I must say it is one of the best places to fly, and a must to at least try and attend.Hope to see lots of gyro"s this weekend. Regards Sam.....
Working...
X