Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nsi gears

I"m chasing two gears to suit nsi ea81 gearbox. Max 0418856143

max, my mate justin hill had his gear box replaced because the clutch went in it . it was a few years ago now. his phone number is 0428796294. you will have to speak up he"s a tractor driver.or if it was not in the bin yet it could be with dave or steve[butch] stubberfield in bundy.

Comment

Thanks, Tony, I"ll follow it up. Someone gave me an nsi g/box with broken gears 5 yrs. ago and as I hate waste I thought I"d overhaul it if I can find some gears. The rotax C box seems to have been proven more reliable on an ea81 0r ea82. Ive personally destroyed two warp drive props. on a c box and it"s still going strong on it"s 3rd prop. However the nsi is a sexy looking piece of engineering. (good engineering is art)

Comment

he only just bought it [2nd hand] and it stuffed up. jussey was spewing about it and he was told it was unrepairable. i thought that couldn"t be right and had a look at it trying to help out, i walked away shaking my head thinking how dumb the design was. he bought a auto flight to replace it.

Comment

I have A Hirth G40 55 hrs set up for an ea81 if that is any help.Matt 07 46 232 661

Comment

I bought a NSI box and had it hooked up to a factory turboed fuel injected EA 82 I think it was called. The NSI promised diferent gear ratios which did not eventuate. The free spooling of the prop was pretty cute first off but that wore off when the prop wacked something one day. Got rid of it when it started to make a bit of noise and put on a C box with a 2.62 ratio and the difernce in thrust with the same prop /gyro was incredible...the difernt ratio worked a treat...only thing the first C box I had went well for a while then it strarted doing seals every 50 hours & then it got down to daily before I cracked it and bought a new box that has done about 1800 hours.

Comment

From the stories so far I might leave the NSI Gear box in bits in the cardboard box!

Comment

Steve Stubberfield would have some.I had a nsi on my ea81.The clutch **** it self

Comment

Working...
                X