No announcement yet.

Sportcopter Mustering Model low flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Mitch, thought I was going nuts had the post I was just sending go missing not the last one,Sam back to this Keel angle that you keep refering to, can we please call it something that will suit it now days, as keels come in all angles and dangles these days. Are you talkin about an angle from tip plane path? Or a
    Attached Files

Comment

[b]as someone that has

Comment

Hi Mitch, not picasso with words! ;Dfrom, flat out, then to power off no pitch change, just the requierment of a stick forward (a slow lowering of the nose) by gyro driver to keep (maintain) safe landing speed. this bettera? :- Sam, thanks for the pic, so with my to hang angles, which one equals zero angle of attack on HS?or when gyro sits on the ground, not flying so long as hs is parrell to keel this = ooo AOA?

Comment

Sam, thanks for the pic, so with my to hang angles, which one equals zero angle of attack on HS?or when gyro sits on the ground, not flying so long as hs is parrell to keel this = ooo AOA?Hi BrettThis asra ops manual link, "Point 4A" also explains and uses the keel as a reference.

Comment

Brett,How about from little throttle to full throttle. In other words, S & L, at 45 knots, then power on WOT.....what happens then?Cheers,Mitch.

Comment

hey Mitch

Comment

Brett,There"s a bloke south of me bought a Dom type gyro. Him and his son have a don a nice job doing up a pod not disimilar to the Vortex, bit more nose cone. He has offered me the moulds after they pull one for his machine. I might be able to make it work on the Monarch with some creative "trimming".The subject of Center of Drag is as important as, Thrustline to vertical Centre of Gravity and Tail Size and placement, along with angle of incidence, if any. Not to mention Center of PressureI need to understand what is happening with the Vortex and feel more comfortable about my findings before I place a pod on the Monarch.Thanks for sharing your observations. I feel more comfortable flying with the landing gear up at speeds greater than 45 knots.C of D and its relationship with all the other moments, is no doubt a "major player". CheersMitch

Comment

Working...
                X