No announcement yet.

Ians Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I am still waiting on seat ,it should get here today and the dash mould is done I will get a finished dash this friday . The ignition modules i am just about to order[ had to save for a while]It is a slow process . I would urge anyone who is building to look at getting something cheap to fly around to stop the no air time depression . Let me know if you ever work out that elle thing.

Comment

More pics of dash and front seat. It is a great moment when you actually get to sit in it for the first time.What is the go with seat petrol tanks . Are there more than one type and what is the volume

Comment

more pics ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Back again Have decided to scrap back section and go for something lower . This was built with the idea of having fully enclosed cockpit as an option. As you can see with my son [ 192 cm ]in the back his head is right at the top so I can not lower it . I have used a Ted Minty seat for the passenger and petrol and the pics have the motor in the right height for about 170 cm propI would also have to do some cutouts to get the airflow on the barrels and heads. This is able to be done but the whole thing is getting ugly and big so time for some surgery and a cut and tuck job.Stay tuned

Comment

I"m wondering how the build is going....?

Comment

The build ground to a halt when I ran out of cash Since then I have had a son get married and another turned 21 so I haven"t been able to save anything for a while I picked up the chrome molly to mount the engine a week ago and have managed to save enough for the next step and the only other thing I have done is some work on the controls I have a welder lined up so it shouldn"t be long before the engine is mounted then I can finish the back section Unfortunately the guy that was doing the glass work died so I will have to either do it myself or track down someone else who I trust to build molds for meI hope that once the engine is mounted things will tick along a bit faster as it is very frustrating walking past a semi complete gyro when you"ve got nothing to flyIan :-

Comment

Ian, where you at with the build? Haven't seen any action for some time.
                Matt

Comment

Working...
                X