Very sad :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very sad :(

I hate to be to one to tell, but i everyone who met Robby Cook at last years nats will be proper sad to hear he is in a bad way in the Adelaide Hospitol. His folks at home rang me today to tell me the news i heard a few days ago, through the grage vine, that Rob was involved in a chopper accident.I didnt want to bother them with a fone call, but today they rang coz they knew id know and would be wundern wots happening.They also said itd be orrite if i informed the gyro crowd also.The details of the bingle are still sketchy, but as it sounds at the moment, that they had 2 R22s mustern, and had finished yarding up, and were on the way back to camp wen the lead chopper heard a garbled call on the 2way. Wen he turned round to see wot was happening, all he saw was the R22 strike the ground on the passenger [ Rob"s] side, then dust.Seems to have lost power or been over powered by bad air, struck the tail rotor and had no room for a clean auto.The pilot, a close friend and long time pilot was uninjured, but Rob appears to have sustained bad neck injuries, and is now in an induced coma in Adelaide.We are all hopen that Rob, who is only in his late 20s with a young family, will sumhow get out of this in sum way.Couldnt have happened to a better, least deserved bloke, family, or pilot. Please, for the sake of the family, no calls. Ill update wen im told. Thanks.

Sad news indeed , David ,

Comment

Bugger. Never a good thing to hear of.I hope he heals quick and well. Please pass it on.Cheers,Nic.

Comment

Hi Dave

Comment

Really sorry to hear that news Birdy, only met him at Lameroo but he and Sarah impressed me very much, great young family and Robbie"s piloting skills were something to behold, Gave me a real thrill to see

Comment

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/200...75_ntnews.html

Comment

Family prays for miracle after helicopter crash REBEKAH CAVANAGHOctober 6th, 2008 Family of Robby Cook pray for a miracle. Picture Pieter Naessens A TERRITORY family is praying for a miracle for their son whose spine was severed in a helicopter crash on their Outback cattle station. Robby Cook, 27, last night remained in an induced coma in intensive care at Royal Adelaide Hospital.Mr Cook suffered severe spinal injuries in the chopper crash on Suplejack Downs Station, near Lajamanu, 350km west of Tennant Creek, last Tuesday.It is understood a gush of wind caused the chopper to spiral out of control and slam in to the ground. The pilot walked away from the wreck unscathed.Mr Cook"s wife Sarah, 26, and their two children Braxton, 2, and six-month-old baby Lawson, along with his parents Bill and Letty Cook, who run the 3823sq km station, are at his bedside in Adelaide, along with four of his siblings.Bill Cook said yesterday the family was remaining positive he would make a full recovery."Where there"s hope there"s hope," he said. "There"s been no change for days.""He"s tough - let"s just hope it"s all good."Robby"s mother said they were praying for a miracle."We need lots of prayers," she said."We"re just hoping and praying for a miracle that he is not paralysed.""He has spinal injuries up high in his neck and they have got him in traction and are hoping it will put the vertebrae back in alignment.""He will probably remain in the induced coma for at least another two days.""We won"t know the extent of the injury or what affect it will have on Rob for a while."Mrs Cook, who moved to the remote pastoral station as a young girl with her parents in the 1960s, said it was the first serious accident on the property.Five of her seven children, including Rob, live and work on the station.She thanked the nearby Tanami Mine for sending their sole medic to the crash scene to keep her son stable until the Royal Flying Doctor Service was available. The injured Mr Cook was ferried in another chopper to an airstrip where the RFDS whisked him to Alice Springs Hospital, which medivacced him to Adelaide.

Comment

So very sad.I pray he has a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

Well,If prayers do not workthen offer up your curses!!I curse him to be extremely well!I curse him to walk again!I curse him to be able to enjoy his kids and play again!I curse him to make a lot of money!I curse him to be normal, .. hmm.. maybe that"s not such a wise idea., he won"t get to enjoy gyro planes again..OK, I revise, I curse him to enjoy flight again!Just like I cursed Mitch to have some fun.With all the best of curses,Nic.

Comment

Thanks Birdy for the up date.

Comment

Funny you should mention curses Nik.The doc woulda let him "come too" long ago, but has to keep him under coz he starts telln the doc wot he can do with his %$#^ hospitol wen he"s awake. Good t hear he"s still got his marbles tho.

Comment

You"re full of suprises , Nic, thats one of the most profound posts you"ve made .

Comment

That"s OK Eka,I curse you to be wealthy too...

Comment

Sounds like Rob has accepted he"s gota sit it out and wait for mum nature to figure his fate. Liz is in Adelaide and droped by the hospitol today, and reconed Rob is still Rob , just not able to move, or feel much below his shoulders and has tubes hangn out everywhere ???He"s keepn his head tickn over by riten a book [ i didnt know he could rite ] bout his short, active and very interestn life,....... so far.Gess the poor buggers got nuthn else t do ay. :-Heres hopen the book hasa happy endn.

Comment

Least he sounds positive, it would be so easy to chuck it, I seen big tough blokes go to water over less.There is always hope. Might be an interesting book to say the least if he writes like he fly"s. I havent seen much but to see such a "natural" fly was a real eye opener.

Comment

Working...
                              X