No announcement yet.

Gyro Accident Tasmania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chek your ASRA Ops manual section 95.12 4.2 (i) some one forgot to blow up his floatation gear.

Comment

International endorsement....................................... ................tickgeneral aviation
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Monarch not located at this time.Here is Tuesday"s article from the Examiner.http://www.examiner.com.au/news/loca...r/1479984.aspx

Comment

Quite a celeb Allan - half page with photo in today"s Sunshine Coast Daily.

Comment

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009...ne-crash/Don"t try this at home.

Comment

Wow, before reading these reports about the clunk in the rotor head, I just thought it was an engine failure.

Comment

I"m glad to hear that Allan escaped this situation. I know exactly what this feels like when the stick does nothing. I"m glad he can swim and that Mr Grundy took such quick action. he deserves a big thanks from asra. Greg also for keeping his presence of mind. Was the gyro the one with all the pully"s and stuff, or the other white one in the photo. Allan it would be interesting to know if you now wonder is this all a dream or are you still alive.I questioned my existence and had to get the wife to confirm that I still was here. Best wishes.Ken

Comment

Get someone with a boat and "fish finder" (but change mode first to "butterfly" finder, or is that a "buttersink"

Comment

oh ok mechanical failure . i thought he might of been practicing carrier deck landings in the shipping lane and forgot to look for the aircraft carrier. we"re all laughing , but not funny alan ! hope it wasnt the same ribs you hurt in the trip and slip in the shower.

Comment

Ken and all,The gyro was Allan"s Monarch, white with MLS pre-rotator and G-Force landing gear. It has not as yet been recovered.Allan is getting a good laugh with all the comments.Thanks.Mitch.

Comment

While Allan is big enough and ugly enough to stand up for himself i will defend his honour here and say he was complying with all regulations contained in the ops manual at all times during his flight.The fact he was over water has undoubtably saved his life.We are still attempting to find the wreck and we will be going out today at low tide,but as the gyro is at 20 meters its not an easy job.

Comment

cats got 9 lives.............but that ain"t nuthin...ol Al got even more ;D ;D( hope you bought a couple of lottery tickets ]

Comment

The Navigation Excersise for the 2009 Nationals has been amended to include a search for alledged Hazardous materials in the form of gyroplane rotorblades seen submerged in the Tamar River,

Comment

hey mitch.........i love Al like a brother

Comment

Bit late to see this topic ....I"m glad Waddles came off OK - he"s a very lucky man ....I also hope you find the gyro in the hope that a cause for the malfunction might be determined.Cheersrotor

Comment

Working...
                                X