Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of crash on take-off (MT03 in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of crash on take-off (MT03 in the UK)

Hi guys,Just found this on youtube and thought it might be useful for student pilots (like me) to hear some opinions / analysis of it from some of the more experienced folks. Hopefully the occupants came out of it ok.Regards,Waynehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq-0lXIJFp0

Backside power curve..........Took off, failed to establish decent airspeed, realised probs and trees ahead, tried 180 turnaround.........bit the dust.just my view........
    If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Lookn at the grass, the ground speed before liftoff, and wot one bloke said, he took off with a tail wind.Lifted off with too little AS, climed into a gradient n lost more AS, shat himself, and droped like a brick. But wotever happened, he couldnt have dun a better job of stuffn it up, and with a passenger as well. >

Comment

Lookn at the grass, the ground speed before liftoff, and wot one bloke said, he took off with a tail wind.Lifted off with too little AS, climed into a gradient n lost more AS, shat himself, and droped like a brick. But wotever happened, he couldnt have dun a better job of stuffn it up, and with a passenger as well. >I agree with what you said, bloody hell there was a lot of options open to him, the trees had gaps ect.

Comment

Looks like he"s got the stick back with full power the way the nose is up in the air and his rotor disc almost vertical just before he hits the dirt.I was just hoping it wasn"t the guy I had a flight with while I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago (it wasn"t).Hoges

Comment

Moments like this you would pay a million bucks to have "grunt"................soooob grunt ;DEj25 soob, to be exact........... ;D ;D

Comment

A bit more info;http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ramaApparently his nickname is " Dangerous Dave".Not his first crash.

Comment

Looks like an attempt at the MT03 Short take-off, as per the flight manual.There is a good 4 seconds, post take-off, where the nose attitude is maintained high.Bet this bloke has never flown a marginal machine.Ross B

Comment

Yeh,I was thinking that it should be mandatory for all new pilots to do two hours in a VW powered machine!It would not only give them an appreciation of history, but it would teach them to get that stick forward

Comment

Doing a lap or 2 once ina while, in a marginal powered gyro, is great for "refreshing" the meaning of..................sssh1t..

Comment

Doing a lap or 2 once ina while, in a marginal powered gyro, is great for "refreshing" the meaning of..................sssh1t..

Comment

Deano,its no fun knowing that you just have to sqirt on more power to get yourself out of trouble!When you are flying something that climbs into the wind and descends down wind, it makes you start thinking where you might find enough lift to get back to the strip or start scanning the earth for a safe place to put down!Thats half the fun of flying with an engine out of a motorised glockensphielMark.

Comment

;d

Comment

Mark, Why on earth would you want to fly a marginal machine. If the instructors were doing their job there would be no need. If there is a problen then don"t sign him off.Do you drive a marginal car for the hell of it?

Comment

Tis better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.A timely bit of advice for some around here. Im with you Ross and Mark, understanding marginal machines seems perfectly relevant to me.CheersDarren

Comment

Working...
                              X