Bent mast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent mast

A while back i had an incident [ http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20112 ] that [ i thought] only cost me a prop and sum time, but it turns out, a mast as well.A natha thousand hours was up on the rotor bearing and while i had the head off, i got a real chance to run an eye down the mast, only to find it was bent.Since the incident, iv noticed that from one side it looked to be bent backwards, but from the other side it looked streight, so i just put it down to an optical illusion.Not so, it was bent back bout 1 1/2 - 2", and left bout an inch.Nuthn changed in the feel of the machine or how it flew, but then, im usualy oblivious to them little details. I got away with it for bout 300 hours.Beware complacency >

hmmm me thinks it was bent too, but as you say it looked striaght from the other way, lucky huh, i got to change a mast too damn it.

Comment

I recently had a bent mast also, but i know how it happened along with rotors prop, and a few mods to a beautiflu tall tail cant quiet bring myself to admit i f*cked up yet

Comment

cant quiet bring myself to admit i f*cked up yet Would it make it easier if i told you you f%#ed up?

Comment

cant quiet bring myself to admit i f*cked up yet Would it make it easier if i told you you f%#ed up? Maybe if we all told you that same thing????Graeme.

Comment

It can be pretty hard to say that dreaded thing.BTW Birdy, I reckon you are as nearly as rough as me ! only nearly though.

Comment

Here she is all fixed

Comment

That bloke does not wast any time.Try harder this time.Graeme.

Comment

mark that looks like your musterer machine . i thought you sold it or is that model number 2 ?

Comment

That bloke does not wast any time.Try harder this time.Graeme.Story goes that I was not leaving until he was up and flying again

Comment

I think it should be noted that at 1200 odd hours, Bonses bingle holds the record round ere, for most hours accumilated at the first bent rotor. Not sure how many of them hours are actual mustern hours, but he"s more than doubled the record.Good job Bone head. ;DIt should also make one ponder, either he"s a VERY good pilot, or he drives it like an old woman. Hmmmmmm................ .

Comment

Good on ya champ, how am I gunna beat that?

Comment

From wot i can understand Angus, its as simple as not hitn trees, but i could be rong. BTW, youd be getn close too ay?

Comment

Well it seems im a bit of a legend

Comment

was it the engine mount that bent the mast during a hard landing or a rotor strike Birdy?

Comment

Working...
                              X