• Time
  • Show
Clear All

my apoligies for being honest russ. !!!

Comment

😄👍👍
      If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

The trouble was and I bet still is, someone wants to get a machine and a license for 5 k, that crap drove me up the wall

Comment

Most people that I speak with about the cost of gyros and learning to fly are fairly realistic about the price. The biggest problem that most people have is the fact that you cant hire gyros as you can fixed wings. Magni here in Australia have solved that problem by introducing a scheme where you can hire and go solo in one of their machines.
          A real step forward for the sport here in Oz.

Comment

Agree completely with bones, folks see "some homebuilds" bits and pieces of metal, bolt here and there, and they see a couple of grand to build one. So.....they're looking at a trip to Bunnings, now in their mindset is flying one of these things.....Christ that can't be hard, there's nothing to these machines, couple of grand or LESS, I'll be a pilot. So we have joe blog doing his sums.....yea $10 grand ...tops, maybe less.
            This is why ( in part ) the good Ol homebuilds are not a good look for gyros 2016. The Bunnings gyro must fade away, they feed the perception of "agricultural ...cheap as....easy as" .
            Then we have the other spectrum of homebuilds........absolutely beautifully built. I applaud these builds.
            Gyros have fought bad press since day 1, slowly slowly that is changing, and rightfully so, but the good Ol ruff and tumble homebuild is not helping the cause.
            Another burden for gyros......cost for new. They are around $100 grand plus, Christ I can buy a factory built fixed wing, Rotax powered, all the bells and whistles, 2 seater,cruise 100kts, 6+ hrs endurance, these you can get for the same price of a basic gyro. These fixed wings cruise sweet as 6000......9000ft, all day,, up there smooth as, nice and cool. Recreational fixed wing has BOOMED in the last 20 yrs, compared to a "status quo " result in gyros. Gyro membership has always just hovered around a core base number. That irks me, always has. Asra just rolls along asra way. Numerous suggestions by folks to vitalise public interest/ perceptions is token addressed. Having the odd display here and there, don't cut it. We've got folks doing some epic trips in gyros, media would be interested ( they are always seeking content ) so all these great news events go unreported, Grrrrrrrrr ( Christ...a guy rides a push bike from Adelaide to Darwin, picks up a few $$$ for "a cause" ....he's on telly for doing it ) .....GOOD PRESS.....all free
            Mark my words.....membership yr 2016....around 400. Membership yr 2026 ......around 400.
            If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Comment

Working...
            X